Advice hip dislocation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I wonder if anyone here has experience of the hip joint dislocating ? My husband had his hip replacement 4 years ago now and has been fine. However this week he was just walking felt a pop and extreme pain and had to be taken to hospital They xrayed and said joint was in the socket and discharged him home with crutches and some pain medication He is unable to weight bear as to painful and we rang GP who said rest. I wondered if anyone had any experience of this and could give any advice or timeline of how long will take to heal ??? We think hip may have come out but then gone back in

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When i was having my hip done 7 weeks ago the patient in the bed opposite me was having her second hip done, she said from day one her first hip has alway dislocated but pops back into place, it happened whilst I was there, it is painful when it happens but she lives with it. She has no pain outside of this. I think your husband needs to go back to see the surgeon who performed his operation for an examination, good luck
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply christine I am taking him to GP tomorrow to say we want to see surgeon again as we feel we have just been left wtih no information at all and don't know what is normal at all
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,

I think you are just right......be firm about another referral to the surgeon/consultant

Dont let the GP put you off and dont let the consultant put you off either.

Before you go write out a list of questions that you want to ask and want answered.

Alson ask to be copied into all of the correspondence. You will get a copy letter of what he says to the GP

Good Luck

Love

EileenĀ  UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.