advice need

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had this rash for nearly two yrs now,i seen at doc st the start and she gave me three months antibiotics for lyme disease,,,,and after that numerous creams,..i had to fight to get to see a dermatoloigist who sent me to medical imagine and a biopsy was taken from my arm and my torso....i went back for the reults and i was told they didnt know what it was and given more cream,,,i asked for a second opinion and she too sent me to inaging and gave me more cream .i then had a app to see a dermatologist that turned out to be the same doc who seen me for the second opinion...she said that i had the goldentreatment,(she was refering to biopsy)she again said she didnt know what it was.so she couldnt answer quesetions like will i have a flare up?then she reckoned it was stress,,she couldnt tell me what it was but could tell me it wasnt cancer,and these other two names appeared Prurigo Nodulari and lichen simplex chronica...could i post a picture on here to let other see it and maybe get some help from others/

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes post a picture so we have some idea of what you have and might be able to help.
    • Posted

Hi Frances, I looked at the pictures and it seems like pityriasis chronica where the white blood cells attack the skin.

I could be wrong but I have this type of condition also on the legs, chest and arms.  It is NOT stress.  You need to see another dermatologist who can prescribe you medication to contain it.  I'm on Dapsone, but it's not working so will try steroids.  Stress CAN make it flare up - light treatment therapy can help and also a cream called Protopic.  Sometimes the spots itch and cortisone cream can soothe it.

Hope you can get the right treatment for thisconfused

• Posted

Thank you for that information...i have seen numerous doctors and practically had to fight with the nsh. to see a dermotologist.......i was not pleased and i asked for a second opinion from another dermotoligist.....i had to wait another 12 weeks and when i saw her she agreed with the other doctor,she sent me to medical imaging again and gave me yet another tub of cream,,,anyway i had an app to see the first derm.and when my name was called it was the doc they sent me to for a second opinion!!!! she looked at it again and told me that i had the "golden treatment" i asked her to explain that and she said it was skin biopsys i had taken.....she told me it wasnt cancer.....and she mentioned another few things ,i said to her your good at telling me what its not...i want to know what it is!!!! so,i thanked her for her time and got up to walk out,she then said "shall i sent you another app? i said dont bother,then she offered me a six month open app.....again told her i wouldnt be back.....i forgot that i had opened the door,i wasnt shouting or anything but the nurses station was near her room door...they all looked shocked....i think the way ive been treated is ridiculous.....i think i will take this futher,,i wouldnt wish this on my worse enemy....sorry for going on a bit...im just so angry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.