Advice needed for 50 year old scoliosis patient

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 50 and have had scoliosis since developing it at 16. It is very severe though I cope with it. One of the most frustrating parts of daily life is dealing with bras. I have decided that it is time to invest in a bra that the shoulder straps don't fall down off my right shoulder which is the protruding one. Does anyone have any advice or know of a great brand . I have heard of U backed bras but haven't tried one. I used to have an elastisised joining strip that I pulled the two straps at the back together with but was so fiddly to get into and manage that I gave up. I am wanting to invest in a bra that I don't have to alter and fiddle with all the time. Can anyone help???? Looking to find someone that knows what I am going through and experiences also so I can get some real direction in solving this very frustrating annoyance. Thanks  in advance, Verity

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Victora Secret has an amazing bra that is in a V-back, no underwires and so very comfortable.
  • Posted

I don't have this problem, but I do use racerback bras when I work out so they don't slip:

• Posted

I have this problem too with bra straps slipping off my shoulder. I use front fastening bras with a racer bac from VS. Or a comfort cropped bra top, no fastenings, wide straps from Asda (UK). I was told I had scoliosis 2 years ago after suffering extreme back and shoulder pain. I'm 57. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.