Advice needed please :)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi not sure if this is the right place for this but need some advice. The past few days my hips and stomach have been really sore, could be my pelvis too it's just a very uncomfortable pain, it's worse sitting down and laying on my side, also when I've had my jeans on today they felt tighter than usual and have made the pain worse, its like I'm bloated but no visible bloating if that makes sense, sorry for the long essay but Any idea what this could be? Thanks smile

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Not sure ... except that your stomach bacteria could have altered somehow ... did you change eating habits or had some infection ? 

Any other symptoms ... ? 

• Posted

hi, no I haven't really changed my eating habits well nothing major and no I haven't had any infection and no, no other symptoms other than the sore hips/stomach, thanks

• Posted

Hi Chloe

Could be a million and one things that can cause this, sorry to ask but how old are you and have you done a pregnancy test. Also have you suffered recently with a virus/cold/flu.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Hi, I'm 22 and im on the pill but do you think it's worth taking a test just in case? I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms and had abit of a cold/sore throat but that was back in December. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Chloe

At least you can rule it out smile good luck x

otherwise it could be anything, may be a visit to your GP.

Thanks

Neil (let me know how you get on)

• Posted

Yeah think I'll defiantly take one just to be sure and I'll see how I get on but think it's best booking a docs appointment and speaking to them, thankyou for the advice smile x

• Posted

Have you been very cold lately? I mean like going out in very cold weather but only a waist length jacket?    That can produce the sort of problems you mention.

Could you be pregnant? How old are you?

• Posted

No not really, I do sometimes go out without zipping my coats up though and I'm 22 and on the pill, I was thinking of taking a test just to be on the safe side

• Posted

Hi Chloe,

Just a shot in the dark. .... Have you beendoing aanything strenuous with yountly that could possibly cause a disc bulge in your lower lumber region. This can be the reason for many abdominal and pelvic area pains or even radiant pain.

You now have quite a few followers in this forum so please keep us in the loop with your progress.

Best wishes;-)

JohnEdna

• Posted

Hi, nothing really apart from going to the gym more and doing harder workouts, maybe that's what's caused it, I will see how I get on but might be best speaking to a doctor if it doesn't improve, thanks for the advice smile

• Posted

Maybe you have just been overdoing those workouts. They often can cause symptoms like these,especially when working out becomes almost addictive.  Try taking ibuprofen for a few days to see if it helps. Dont work out to a painful level. 
    • Posted

That's what I've been thinking because I can't think of anything else I've done differently but that so maybe I just over did it, will try resting and take some ibuprofen as I've only tried paracetamol, see how I get on, thankyou smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.