advice on Estradiol/norethsterone patches

Posted , 8 users are following.

Prescribed patches for the first time today. Been taking tablet form of HRT for five years. GP said to apply to upper outer arm because back sweaty and have a physical job. Leaflet in medication says apply to top of legs, bottom etc.

Where do you apply your patches if you are prone to sweating??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have to apply my patches to anywhere below the waist line. I put mine on hip towards my bottom then my big knickers cover it. Alternate sides.The sticky glue is hard to remove after removing patch. I've read surgical spirit is good. I use eye makeup remover! Mine are evorel conti. Good Luck x

• Posted

Hi Barbara.

i started HRT last tuesday, called FemSeven patches, I put mine on my bum teeee what a subject,  I first put it on top of the leg that however lasted a day till I came off, ( didn't read the leaflet ) not all of it, mine suggests the bum......

lope that helps?!!!. Lol

• Posted

I have been using Estraderm patches for 26 years and never had any trouble with them coming off. Always apply below the waist, it's not a nicotine patch really bad advice from your GP.

I alternate between my right outer hip and my left, no problems, I go all over with my fingertips and then hold palm over it for about 20 seconds, never comes off. I used the Estraderm MX patches, fantasic.

• Posted

No residue with Estraderm MX patches
  • Posted

Gee, some drs have some weird ideas.  I apply as per instructions - turn about right and left abdomen, right and left upper bottom.

While there is no residue from my Estradiol MX patches, my skin does react to the glue, leaving an irritated red mark.

I have since gone back to implanted estradiol pellets - much happier with them.  Have to get them from a compound chemist now.

• Posted

Hi Barbara. I am on Evorel Sequi/50. Don't know how similar patches are but was told to wear them on upper leg area & alternate each time, ie twice weekly. Same with Fem7 I was on before, Don't think my outer thighs get sweaty but both GPs

said important to put them below the waist. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Barbara, apply them below the waist - outer thigh/bottom. The sticky residue comes off really easily with baby oil/cotton wool smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.