Advice on treatment for Son with LCPD

Posted , 2 users are following.

My son is 7 and has very involved LCPD in both hips. He use to limp after his hip would "pop" as he called it. It has gotten better, with less episodes but he is very active in sports. At first our Dr said he would probably be fine, just watch it over time and hopefully he wouldnt need surgery. At our last visit he said he would most likely need surgery. I don't know if it's best to wait until it is very painful if it doesn't heal properly or to plan on surgery at a younger age to allow healing before more advanced sports. Any advice? And the best hospital for treating LCPD.?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ma'am i just posted and im 19 who also had it in both hips but now the disease is gone and im gonna need surgery for the damage. i suggest you get your son the best care as possible and dont wait. itll only get worse. trust me.  and also it might not be too late for them to put your son in a brace because both the bones died. and theyre gonna come back if not already and they need to make sure they reform the best they can into round femeral heads.dont wait. the earlier the better
    • Posted

Did you go to bostons children's when you were younger for treatment?
    • Posted

i did not. we didnt know that i had it when i was younger untill about 2 weeks ago. the pain is unbarable and horible. i have an appt with bostons childrens hospital to meet dr. millis. im going to have to go through 3 or 4 surgerys to fix what has happened because we didnt find it early enough. two for both hips and two for each muscle that extends from my top pelvis to my knee. its too short and thats anoyther effect the disease does to people.
  • Posted

also best hospital is boston childrens hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.