Advice please?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning all.

right been on HRT patches now for 5 weeks.....but, I've had quite a few days ( 4 days of quite bad Migrane attacks).

or days where I've had bad heads ( more than I usually get anyway)

my question is does this affect the system of migranes? Does it sound normal? Has this affected you or someone u know?

what advice would or could you give me please?

im at the moment on FemSeven patches any advice would be appreciated of anyone.

if I was to come off these with this side effect because I suffer with migranes is there anything else ?. Sorry all this is new but the migranes aren't nice and to get this many is a me nene!.

thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've been on Estraderm mx patches for 36 years due to hysterectomy and oophorectomy when I was 37 and can truly say there has been no side effects whatsoever. Starting taking 50mcg which wasn't enough so went to the 100mcg which I was on for years, I felt fantastic then about 15 years ago went down to 50mcg with no problems. Tried 25mcg about 5 years ago and I couldn't describe all the dreadful systems, too numerous to mention, life just wasn't worth living so after a few months went back to 50mcg and everything was great again. I am now cutting off  about  a fifth of the 50 patch and so far so good.

I know there are a lot of different types of patches out now since I was put on them originally but Estraderm MX patches I've no problems with, ask your GP to try something else, but don't give up on them.

good luck

Jean

• Posted

I found that I'm sensitive to Progesterone, it can cause migraines in some women. No longer a problem for me since I had a hysterectomy.

Also, migraine can be due to low testosterone (so I use testosterone gel alongside my estrogen supplement).

Hope you get this sorted out v soon, migraines are pure torture!

• Posted

Hi Shelly, I started on femseven sequi a few months ago and got really bad migraine  attacks when I took the no 2 patch. I've always suffered from migraine so this was always going to be a concern. I changed to femseven conti where you have the number 1 continuously and the heads are but better but get period regularly every 2 weeks which is a pain. Have been advised to have merina  coil fitted as this along with HRT can stop the migraines. Not sure if anyone else had had success with this but I will probably try. Really want to keep going with HRT as has stopped night sweats/ flushes so generally feel better.  Good luck I really sympathise as along with all the other menopause symptoms migraine is the last thing that you need! X 

• Posted

Hi emma,

im abit confussed at your post!!!!.

u go into detail about patch 1&2?????

i do suffer from migrane's but since I had Daith done (ear piercing; prevention/ reduce migranes ) in the months of having this done my migranes have vertically dissapeared, however that is until I went on to HRT! 

Mine r the one I have on 1a week but because some have come off I've had to replace and that's when a migrane kicks in!

i like u don't want to stop BUT if this is what it's going to be like each time I change I will have to I cannot keep having these bloody migrane attacks each time I chage a patch!!!!!!

im hoping there is somthing else?.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.