Advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone offer me advice on how to go about applying to see if I am elegable to claim PIP benefit please I have just found out I have been awarded tier 2 early medical retirement I have fibromyligia and chronic fatigue following successful treatment and reconstruction for stage 3 breast cancer. Thank you Harriet 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Contact pip they will send you the paper work fill it it and enlose all doctors reports you can get hold of .
  • Posted

Hi Harriet

As you may well know being diagnosed with a condition is just the start in the PIP journey. It is now down to how your fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome affect you over a period of time.

The descriptors are split into 2 categories Daily Living and Mobility. You need to score points from the descriptors and if you go over 8 points in either DL or Mobility you will be awarded standard rate. If you score 12 points or more you will be awarded Enhanced.

The descriptors can be easily found online. In DL there are 10 descriptors which cover a range of activities such as preparing a meal, dressing/undressing, washing, monitoring a health condition, social interaction, eyesight/hearing and budgeting. In mobility there are 2 descriptors planning and following a journey and moving around.

What you have to do is get a copy of the descriptors and match them to your circumstances and then also obtain medical and personal care evidence along with aids you might use. You then need to pass the 50% test which is your condition affects you more than half the time if it is a fluctuating condition.

If after all that you can identify 8 points and over on either parts then you are in the game.

• Posted

Well explained Anthony, most people go into detail way too much.

I did exactly as you said,.

• Posted

How are you alexandria

I am still waiting same old story

Haha haha

I feel like the joker today crazy lol

• Posted

Had a really bad night last night so not a happy bunny, I know I'm really lucky to have been awarded enhanced mobility and that it gives me the opportunity to have a car but to be honest nothing is compensation enough for being in pain most of the time and not being able to walk or to sleep, or share my bed with my partner.

I'm sorry you haven't heard yet, it does seem to be a slow process.

Hopefully this week will give you an answer, when I went into a car dealership yesterday they had had two cars returned because there DLA had been reassessed to pip and they had lost it.

One in wheelchair and one with prosthetic legs, he said that they are really clamping down, and as a charity they have the right to do it, seems most people think its the government that issues the cars its not its Motability which is a charitable organization.

So just keep calm and you will get an answer soon.

• Posted

Hi alexandria

I had a really bad night last night I am in bed now not been well at all

Sometimes stress makes me worse but my knees just lock and gave way

They gave way going downstairs which has frightened me.

Fancy being taken off pip with no legs God someone needs a knock on there head and should be ashamed of themselves.

Now I definitely think it's all a lottery maybe to many been accepted in that area

Take care Alex x

• Posted

Hi Harriet

What is tier 2 early retirement?

I too have fybromyalgia

X

You just first ring them, they will send a form on how your illness effects you where you fill in everything that's wrong with you and also send any doctors or consultant letters

They will either award it or send you for an assessment

Call tomorrow it's the 0800 number you call first to register a claim.

I too have chronic fatigue it's horrible isn't it.

So pleased your treatment for cancer has been successfull x hope all the info is correct but if anybody can add to this please do

Take care

• Posted

Tier two is the highest level of early medical retirement due to my health I am no longer able to work so I applied and my doctor supported my application it's complex you can google it and it will explain. Yes fibromyligia and chronic fatigue is horrible. Thank you for your advice Sharon take care Harriet X 

• Posted

? ?I used to get High Mobility & Middle Care for DLA from 1995 to just a few months ago. Failed with the conversion to PIP from DLA  so had to claim Attendance Allowance (DLA for the over 65's).

?That is supposed to be the easiest of all disability based benefits to get. Over 80% get the award first time and it's supposed to be almost a guarantee to get it if you previously had DLA.

?I was told by the DWP that I no longer have any care needs. Claim refused!!

?So with a whole host of medical problems ranging from acquired brain damage/Early onset Dementia, Chronic Pancreatitis, damaged spine (which means walking is more or less out of the question) thrombosis in the left leg (PAD), I have been assessed as 'fit as a flea'.

?Currently undergoing tests for Prostate Cancer and a bleed from an Anuerysm within the stomach wall.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.