Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know I keep writing on here but I seem I get a lot of advice . I had the nerve block done yesterday , and I got pain in the bottom of me leg which may I add I never had before and it's making me limp.

Also I got all these strange feelings in me leg also have bit pain in me bum and back .

I get the back , but me leg .

I don't know how I am meant to feel 24 hours later

I been trying to read on how I am meant to feel , feel like a burning as well .

So please any advice coz I am really not understanding all this

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

You ve been injected into yr nerve so yr going feel al kinds of funny things. Your nerve affect s yr leg and lower back it could be a few wks before you go bck to what u were pre injection. Just watch for any swelling or intense heat as could be sign of infection
    • Posted

Thanks so the pain am feeling is normal , can't stop crying coz am scared this isn't going to work . I only have bit of burning

I know me leg just feels weird , all different feelings am feeling.

Can u just answer this when am I meant to start exercises?

• Posted

Hi Donna

I know you must be feeling scared and frightened, hopefully someone in here who has had the injection can help to reduce your worry and anxiety. I think when we hear from others that "this is normal" it always helps. I haven't had the injection so can't help there as I am waiting on date for my surgery but just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. But I would say that you have been injected into your nerve and nerves are funny things and take time to settle once they have been touched, try to rest and relax if you can.

Alison

• Posted

Thanks so much Alison , I thought I just feel nothing . And think coz I can feel these things I just thought my be it's not worked . So had many tears yesterday and this morning .

Am so grateful when people reply coz I am so out if my comfort zone with this .

I have read and read and I just don't understand it all . So that's why I keep asking on here .

When your op ? I really hope it works for you .

I just want a normal life just go to work and be able to walk and not feel any pain . I don't want much just a life x

• Posted

If it's only an injection they say 24 hrs before returning to normal duties but I would take it easy, prepare yr self this injection may not work and if it does it may be short lived there not designed to be permanent.

• Posted

I had the nerve block , I can't resume to normal as me leg still feels weak and been getting pain. Not same pain as I had just strange how me leg feels .

If this don't work I will be angry why put me threw all this and it don't work .

What a waste of time , what and then there offer me more injections as I read people has had like 3 of these .

What a life this is , I feel for everyone that goes threw this .

• Posted

You don't have to have any more u can refuse I've had 2 over a few yrs neither worked and the second left me ill . My niece works s in a neurologist department at a big hospital she says 90% of patients day it didn't work they offer it cos it a cheaper option, than surgery just my opinion x

• Posted

Hi Donna- Sorry to hear about your situation. Last year I was at my wits end. I had to pay for my spinal block and MRI - I thought it had not worked and begain to spiral into to depression. Slowly -very slowly I began to do more and more. I do not twist - or bend down too far. I do not iron clothes due to the twisting motion or drive - sit - stand for too long and certainly don't go swinging the shopping trolly round or lift anything too heavy lol!! I walk daily and still build on this. It has taken a good year to adjust with cbt counselling which I still have. Each day is different - I have returned to work- which I did not think was possible. You have to stay positive which takes tremendous courage. You need to be gentle on yourself. It has taken time for my family to adjust but the choice was - see me in pain and care for me daily including dressing me( my 21 year old son would put my socks on) or have a healthier Mum who does what she can?

I hope this helps- everyone is different which I appreciate and I don't take it for granted that I will be mobile the next day- embrace the here and now x

Good luck - feel free to message.

Sam- female!!

• Posted

Hey Sam , with me job it's very physical and they have said if am no better by 6 months then they can actually let me go .

Thing is if I lose me job I have never been on benifit . Also am not even sure what Job I can do I can't sit for long or stand .

I can put me socks on now and I started doing little bit more each day .

Postive outlook I tried to be , when I feel that pain every single morning when I wake up that bit of postivty I had goes .

Thanks for your reply Sam x

• Posted

Hi Donna

sorry to hear things aren't going great and that the injection doesnt seem to be helping. I hope you have a date to see the consultant again, was that the neurosurgeon you saw?

For me the injection wasnt an option and the surgeon advised that only surgery will help (less than 5% chance of recovering further without surgery) however I am still waiting on a date despite the pain increasing and maxed on medication. I was initially told by the surgeon that my op would be around end of January. I have phoned his secretary every 2 weeks since January and getting nowhere with date. I live in Scotland.  I am trying to remain optimistic but its hard long term. I have been off work since August, now down to half pay and have had to apply for ESA. My employers have been good but how long can this go on. I just need to surgery to start recovering and get back to "normal".

Sazzie, it is really encouraging to hear how you are doing, life will be different but if you are slowly managing to do a bit more and back at work thats great. I think the most important thing is taking care and not doing anything to agravate the disc, its encouraging to hear your progress.

take care all

• Posted

Hiya , I got appointment on the 4th April. .I only got full pay for 6 months and I get 50 pound less a week now . I have not claimed anything be coz I get more then the living requirements I think . I didn't even know I could claim anything . So I just guessed that I wouldn't and no one told me any different .

My work has said if after 6 months am still not able to work they can let me go . Which that date be in April

• Posted

Just went for a walk 10 min walk and that pain at back me leg there as painful as it was before injection. I had to stop and compose me self and then start walking again . Just sat here for last half hour crying how can this not of worked

Now I know am gonna have to decide do I pop as many painkillers and try and go back to work . Or give up my job and go on benifits which I don't even know how much a week I get .

Trying to cope with this as well as depression is a joke . How my relationship gonna survive this is anot her question .

His been good but doesn't know what to do , I even read him people posts , coz we both out our comfort zone here .

Thanks for helping me you don't know how much this helps me xx

• Posted

Hi Donna

its to do with how long your employer pays SSP (Statutory Sick Pay) once they stop paying that you are entitled to ESA regardless of what you earn. You need to check with your employer, they normally pay SSP for 5 months, so ask them to tell you then phone and apply for ESA. I am a social worker so all for claiming what you are entitled to. You can apply for ESA before your employer stops paying SSP as long as you know that date they will stop paying it.

hope this helps.

• Posted

I've not made a claim for PIP yet as I am really hoping to get back to work once I have my surgery and applying for PIP is a step I am not quite ready for although that might change in the next week or so.

Jessica can I ask have you applied for PIP and if so how was the process?

thanks

• Posted

You can still claim pip and work , it's based on yr mobility and care needs. Obviously u could nt work a heavy manual job giving yr system s . Yes I used to run my own cleaning business for years, due to the nature of the job I had to call it a day . Due to my mobility ect am restricted form doing even a desk job at the moment but I do hope this will change after my next op. If u wish to consider this route you ring pip ask for the forms to be sent to u, yr claim will start from the date of the phone call . Send yr forms with as much medical evidence as possible to back yr claim. U shud then be recommended for a medical, where as a number of questions will be asked, and a small physical medical done, but if yr not well enough to do the small medical u can say no. I've never allowed them to do it as I've never been well enough and been in to much pain . My Consultantation took place in my home . Once the medical is completed the health care professional will send her report to the DWP it's done electronically. Then you'll get yr decision the whole process can take up to 16 wks but if yr successful the money will. E back dated. I'd recommend u ask the dwp for a copy of the report from the health care professionals, as there known to make assumptions and tell lies. Also make sure u have some one with u taking notes. I'd recommend u speak to adult and social care to see if there s any adaptation s or equipment u need in yr home to help u safely get round ur home

• Posted

My sickness pay finshes in April , so can I now apply for esa ? I do not have a clue what am doing tbh never claimed anything in me life . And I don't mean to affend anyone . But you could tell me how much a week I could get please... And if you apply for pip is that extra on what u get from esa ?

• Posted

Pip is extra and u can get that along side esa . Nip into yr local citerzens advice bureau they advice u
    • Posted

I think I will Jessica , just said to me partner this is what think we have to do .

Can't belive pain back , all I done is cry

Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.