Advice please for my daughter

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter has had a recent infection due to saliva stone which made her face swell a lot, she had antibiotics to help with the swelling. She went for an X-ray but was refused at the hospital at the GP requested one which was too strong for her at her age (10) anyway a few weeks have passed and she's complaining of headaches and nausea and a sore tongue, I've had a look in her mouth and noticed what appears to be a tonsil stone at the back of her throat the same side the saliva stone is/was she also has been complaining of a sore tongue for over a week now and tonight a few blister like spots have appeared. Could the stone at the back of her throat be the saliva stone or is it impossible for that to come through into her neck? And does anyone know if they are connected to the blistering of her tongue?

Just thought I'd try and get some advice before we get back into the GP's office. Thanks for any help smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate I do not think I can be much help but just to say saliva stones can be under the tongue or in the gland themselves.  The tonsil stone sounds like a different thing but I would go back to GP any way.  I started my journey last September with a lump in the gland I had mine removed 8 days ago but if your daughter is complaining of sore throat it sounds like tonsillitis.  Can you get the tonsil stone out?  My Grandson who is just 7 had 3 last week and now he has been referred to ENT which I think your daughter should be referred to.

Good luck hope she gets sorted soon 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply dustyday, I was under the impression hers was near her cheek as that's where the infection was, she looked like she had a abscess but the doctors said it was a stone, the one in her throat looked identical to the tonsil stones pictures I've seen online. I've got photos to show the gp when I go back with her although it appears to have come out now as I can't see it so I think she's swollen it sad we are we're told she needs referring to the ENT department but they said if the swelling is going down they didn't need to see her. I just thought it was strange for her to get them at her age. Hope your grandchild goes on ok smile
    • Posted

Hi Kate I would agree if she does not have any more stay away from surgery if you possible can.  Good idea with the photos my Daughter did this also to take to GP hopefully ENT will sort things out without surgery.  I had been told to suck on lemon drops this help milk the saliva glands.  Apparently we have hundreds of little glands so may be just imfllammation.  Just check for tonsil stones my GC had 3 in one week.

Good luck and keep taking photos it's the only way you can make them understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.