Advice re dermatology issue

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am hoping if anyone had any advice on the following;

Just over 4 months ago I started with a bad rash on my chest and back and I was prescribed various different creams and gels along with several different types of antihistamines.

I used to gel little lumps that resembles hives but not all of them went away.

For about 2 months now I have been taking daily quite a high dose of fexofenedine and also hydroxizine..,.. to be honest the itching is marginally better at best. I have also had a course of predislisone which did nothing at all.

I have been using a steroid ointment called dermovate along with another steriod gel for about 6 weeks.

Basically my chest and back are covered in spots which at times are red and angry and they simply will not go away. I was told that it could be exczema (hope that's spelt correctly) but it's not.

I had a biopsy done 10 days ago and I'm awaiting the results.

Basically I am now wondering if any of the meds could be responsible for the spots.....and there are loads of them....Also if I have a warm bath of shower it stings and the spots get angry.

Any information or advice would be very much appreciated basically I'm in total despair with the state of my skin not only is it very uncomfortable it is also embarrassing

Thanks in advance

Eggmond

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Eggmond! When all else fails, go backward in time. Try it oatmeal paste and let it dry; then wash it off. Also, try soaking in an Epsom salt bath. Can't hurt and may just help!!
    • Posted

Rete

Thanks for the kind reply I'm afraid Ive tried both the oatmeal and epsom salts baths and neither have relieved my symptoms I have to say that the itching is bad enough but the presence of lots of spots is very upsetting if I get hot they break out all over if was urticaria I would expect most of them to disappear which sadly is not the case.....Still on a brighter note there are others that are far worse off than me so there's a great deal to be thankful of

regards

Eggmond

• Posted

Have you had any extensive bloodwrk done? (more than just a CBC?). You could be dealing with an autoimmune issue. Merely a suggestion. I have an autoimmune disease, that is why I ask.

I hope there is relief for you soon...ANSWERS as well.

Blessings

Rete

• Posted

All blood tests to date are clear waiting to see my consultant dor next step

Regards

Eggmond

• Posted

Try oatmeal paste. Let it dry and then wash it off. Also, soak in a very warm Epsom salt bath. Can't hurt and may just help!
  • Posted

No matter what it turns out to be, the root problem is that your immune system is not coping. Stress makes things worse, so try to chill out.

Start eating well. Dont skip meals. Choose a balanced diet that regularly includes oily fish like Salmon and Tuna.

Make sure you are getting enough vitamin C and Zinc. No need to take mega doses of pills, a glass of orange juice or vegetable juice normally contains more than the RDI of vitamin C. Decent levels of Zinc can be found in Seafood (another plus for oily fish), meat and nuts. Most Hair, Skin and Nail health suppliments contain zinc.

Iodine is super important. It can be found in seafood (again another reason to get on to the oily fish), but can be tricky to get enough of else where. I personally advocate Lugols solution in tiny amounts. 1 or 2 drops in a glass of water when having a flare up at least 2 hours before or after Vitamic C or Carbohydrates which counteract effectiveness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.