Advise

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had the Nissan fundoloplication in 2011 for a hitias hernia, for the past year have been getting my symptoms back and have been struggling with lifting and bending as makes my symptoms worse. Any help would be very much appreciated. Mark

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am just shy of 8 weeks out from a 360 nissen fundoplication my stomach had already moved up and started to twist. I only found this out on a trip to the ER for a suspected gallstone issue. After a CT scan, ultrasound, barium swallow and x ray the surgeon said I had major hiatal hernia and would be headed straight to surgery. The funny thing is I had no usual symptoms heartburn, acid reflux etc. The only symptom before that day was I got full easy and my appetite went down. Now I do have very mild sign of heartburn, still get tired a little easier but my surgeon says I had major surgery on my stomach, esophagus and diaphragm and recovery will take a while.

Are you worse than before or about the same? What were your initial symptoms?

JENNIFER

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply and hope you soon feel much better in your self.

My symptoms are worse this time round as its caused me to have time of work due to my job doing a lot of lifting and bending. My symptoms are last time and this time pain in the chest area, reflux and getting certain foods stuck. At the moment not getting much sleep and am on ranitidine and omeprazole to help symptoms.

Mark

• Posted

Sounds like it's time to get in touch with your doctor or surgeon and discuss the symptoms. Through reading this forum I have seen many stories where this surgery has to be redone eventually and sometimes one once. I was even told by my surgeon it could happen again and we would cross that road when it comes. It may have come loose or slipped.

I am still getting adjusted and learning what's normal and everyone is different.

Good luck

Jennifer

• Posted

Thanks for your reply I'm seeing the surgeon on the 26 may been told by my gp no heavy lifting or bending as I've been bringing up blood at times. The way u feel at the moment could end over the hospital.

Mark

• Posted

I definitely would not lift anything then. Is the heavy lifting a requirement for your job? I am a supervisor at a child development center in Mississippi and went back to work after two weeks with a weight restriction and it is hard not to want to jump back in and do things again. Even now I will do too much bending or twisting and, get a twinge or sting. I do have to admit I am nervous about it coming undone and going through its all over again.

Jenniferi

• Posted

I work in a supermarket and at first was doing OK on bread and cake but over the past few weeks the pain and bleeding as got troublesome so gp done me a change of duties but they had no where they could put me. So my gp advised me to take some time off until I've seen the consultant.

Thanks for the support

Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.