Advise please. Constant growling stomach and tummy discomfort

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello

I'm new here and would love some advice. Last week I started with a tummy ache, gurgling tummy and backache. I had this for a few days then it eased but has come back. I have a constant growling tummy like hunger pains but I'm not hungry. I'm eating more to try get rid of the very loud noises but it makes it worse. I can't get to sleep because of it and when I do it wakes me up. I'm had some heartburn too but not bad. I've had a few of loose stools over the week but then normal stools. I've not been diagnosed with IBS I had a colonoscopy last year as I was passing mucus and blood but all came back normal and they blamed constipation. Are these symptoms of IBS? My GP looked disgusted I went with a growling tummy like I'm wasting her time but it is driving me mad. There is no let up with it. Its constant. I've not had bad tummy pains just dull aches. Never experienced this before

Sarah

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes Hun I get it all the time tummy like a wager constant ache and pain ... Washing machine belly ..... Feeling sick

Diahorria as well ...... No appetite 😥😥

• Posted

Do you. It just never stops. Do you take anything? I was prescribed peppermint tablets but they haven't worked.

I've had some sickness but it's mainly my tummy.

• Posted

Sezza have you tried Charcoal tablets ,when yove got the jippy tum ? Go look them up ,you can get them at Holland and Barrett .I keep them handy .
    • Posted

No I haven't tried them. Are they good? Does it settle the rumbling? Will have a look now. Thank you
    • Posted

I use them as does my daughter ,they do help .

I know what sets mine off ,Sugars any kind ,cream ,baked beans,fresh tomatoes ,( okay with tinned ) Look at gluten to ,lots have that but don't realise this .Look up the Fodmap diet .

I've had this problem now for 9 years .i stick to foods I know won't upset things as much ,I'm okay with Fish ,Chicken ,don't eat red meats ,don't eat pork .Dont eat any prossess food stuff ,that really played havoc in the past. So it's only when I kept a diary ,I found the foods / drink that will give me a bad IBS day following what I've previously eaten .Spays used on our foods are the prime cause ,that's my belief to all of us and these daily issues .

• Posted

Thank you just ordered some charcoal tablets, they should be here tomorrow. How old were you when it started? I'm 33 and not had this before. I've suffered with heartburn in the past. My mum has had stomach ulcers.

Will look at my diet.

Thank you really appreciate the advice

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sezza ,Im an older biddie ,in my 60's ,but I was 59 when all this began ,after a drs med for what now I can't remember .So today I'm more aware of side affects to anything ,even Vit tablets .

Try the charcoal ,see if you get relief ,best try when it's a bad day with it ,then your soon know if they're good for you ,read the instructions to them ,it's organic so should be fine .

For gastric ,get some Ginger ,or try a ginger ale ,only need a few sips of that to settle that ,I'm on a blood pressure med daily ,this has caused me to have reflux ,again that will only get bad if Im not aware of what I eat ,so stay alert to everything ,one thing I do also ,as soon as I wake is start drinking water ,that helps both symptoms ,I drink between 3/4 50 mls water every day during the day ,extra if weather is hot ,so stay hydrated .Helps to if you suffer headaches/ migraines ,many with IBS have that going on as well .

Sorry to hear your mum has had ulcers ,painful that can be .What does your mum say about your condition ? No mum likes to seeing one of there's not well .

Get back and let me know how you are when you've tried the charcoal .

• Posted

Hello

I tried the tablets but they aren't working at the minute. Think I will go back to my GP on Monday as my tummy is constantly gurgling and it aches. Will see if they can run some bloods.

• Posted

Sezza hi ,they don't work overnight ,get a can of ginger ale ,let the fizz out of it ,so it becomes still ginger ,then sip that .

Go get some drs checks ,that's good advice ,you've given yourself ,see if any things doing it ,stress will simply aggravate matters ,always does .

Hold onto the charcoal .i keep it handy .lets know what Dr has to say ,may help others on here ,with what's said and done .

• Posted

Was just gonna say they don't work over night !!! You have to give mess 2-4 weeks xxx
  • Posted

Thank you both. That's great to know they take time. Got a bit down hearted thinking they were a quick fix. Will persist with them. Will keep you updated. I'm going to ask for some bloods and a stool test. I suffer with low iron and b12 so I want to make sure they are ok. Plus I've had H Pylori years ago so want to check for that. Not sure if you can get it again? All depends which GP I get as to whether they will test me!

Will try the ginger beer too. Thank you.

Thank you both. Really appreciate the info.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sezza978,

When I read your post I was actually thinking did I write it as my name is Sarah and I suffer with exactly the same troubles as you, always low in iron and need vitamin b12 injections every couple of months. I've been suffering for over a year now and still haven't found anything that helps 🙄 I know this is an old post but if you found anything helped you could you let me know 😉

Have you had a test for coeliac? I have a wheat and gluten intolerance but even though I've cut a lot of food out nothing has changed... It's driving me nuts and I'm gaining so much weight because I'm eating to try and get rid of the constant hunger pains 😖 My mam also had an ulcer but I was checked for that too and nothing. I actually wish they could find something so I could try and fix it....

Sarah

• Posted

Hey

Wow sounds so similar to me. They put it down to IBS. I did my own research and after reading other people's stories mine does sound like IBS. Mine has just flared up again after months of being fine. I have the bloody mucus back and loose stools. I'm now on stomach tablets as my heartburn got really bad. I've had the gurgling tummy for a few days now. My daughter asked me why am I always hungry because she can hear my tummy all the time! I try and eat little and often. My problem is I go the loo about half an hour after eating. It's draining. I find my flare ups can last a week or 2. I'm on day 6 of it now. Nothing I've tried has helped with the gurgling tummy. Are you hungry when you have yours? Mine are like hunger pains too even after I've eaten!? It's so weird.

My mum had an ulcer too! Many years ago. Her tummy is all settled down now. I had the camera down the throat years back 😮😯 can't say I would ever want one again. That was all clear. Do you suffer from stress or anxiety? I do so I think alot is related to that.

• Posted

Hello, just wanted to tell you that I had all the same symptoms as you guys. Low b12, severe digestive issues that came and went, doctors that had no idea what was wrong with me. This went on for years. I finally had a doctor diagnose me with SIBO and now that I'm on the path of getting rid of it I'm feeling so much better. The overgrowth in your small intestine causes nutrient malabsorbtion and terrible pain. Hope this helps you guys. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.