af

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been to mablethorpe with wife daughter and the dog today just had a steady walk on the beach got home and bang,i was a wee bit breathless on the beach but now on my sofa im panting like dog hearts racing like a mental thing.all i want to know is after a ablation does all this rubbish stop the racing beat and poor breathing back to my doctors this week get him to push my cardiologists who i still have heard nothing from at all whats annoying is i thought my new meds were doing the trick i m really miffed with this poxy af if i dont get any joy this week im thinking of going to a&e im having chest pains as well feels like stitch maybe they will listen to me once im back in hospital

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had ablation last year but they couldn't get my heart to go into tachycardia so it was unsuccessful, I hope yours will be okay but I got my hopes up about mine and know the disappointment when it doesn't work.

I'm on 10mg of bisoprolol and 100mg flecanide now and won't be attempting the ablation again

• Posted

Cheers for that charlotte if i have one and it does not work.they can stop my heart if it meant me going back on the evil bisopradol
  • Posted

My AF was found around 3 years ago when I went for a minor op, doc said not worth ablating as probably had it for awhile, put me straight on warfarin. Then 15 months ago I had open heart surgery for a valve repair and at the same time I had the 'maze' procedure which would hopefully put my heart back into proper rhythm.  Wore a monitor for a week Feb this year and had results last week - gave me an ECG then told me apparently my AF had gone while wearing monitor but was now back again!!!!!!  Go figure !!  Luckily I wasn't expecting it to have worked so it wasn't too much of a disappointment, warfarin has no side effects for me and my doctor's surgery has a clinic so I just have to go once every few weeks now it's settled.  If I  were you I would def go to your doc and tell him about breathlessness and pains - just not worth risking it.  Hopefully all will be ok and I wish you well for your ablation when you have it done. 
    • Posted

Cheers linda lets hope so just having a job getting back into my cardiologists.dismissed me to quick i believe if you get something once its there forever .really concerned about the breathlessness seems more and more i do things the more im getting it
  • Posted

First step is your doc, tell him you have these symptoms and want to be referred again, maybe ask for a heart scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.