After attack pelvic cramping and top of shoulder cramps

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. My first divirticulitis attack was a month ago. Since then on and off I'm getting lower pelvic cramping.. coming and going...I'm on a soft diet and low fiber. I also get randon,what feels like pinches or a cramp, on the top of my left shoulder. It's not painful and doesn't last long but it's there on and off. Is that gas? I haven't been able to find anything on the Web to understand why the cramps radiating to the top of my shoulder. So weird!! Anyone else experience this? I don't have a fever, no chills, no diarrhea or constipation, no chest pains, no real stomach issues except for the pelvic cramping (feels like my period) ..ocasionally I feel it in my thigh and hip. Am I just taking a long time to heal?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Did you take an antibiotic for the original attack? If so which one?
    • Posted

There is a possibility that this is a result of the first antibiotic. It can cause tendon problems so you may have rotator cuff tendonitis in the shoulder. This website has a forum for fluoroquinolone toxicity with a lot of good info on it.
  • Posted

Hi Stacy,it could be whats called refered pain,its all to do with theĀ  nerves in your body sending signals to the wrong part .I also get little stabbing pains in my groin area when i eat something that doesnt agree with me,keeping on a diet easy to digest at 1st is the best way forward and drink lots of water ,when you improve slowly introduce fiber,its your best friend.Hope you feel better soon its a horrible desease.
    • Posted

Interesting I've never heard of that before. I'm going to see my gastro today so I'll mention that thanks!

Today's cramping is better than yesterday. I started taking probiotics so I'm hoping those are helping! And the heating pad helped last night too.

• Posted

Hi, I have had the same cramping pains as well, just like I remember period pains, it has been a few years since I have had a period as well. I am on probiotics and I think they can only help. Had a Ct scan on Monday so waiting for results in s weeks time as not been positively diagnosed, just what gp thought it was, avoiding seeds and nuts but eating most other things, plenty of fiber and lots of water.
    • Posted

I'm 39 I still get my period but this is different. They are better this afternoon but my whole abdomen just feels weird. I wonder how long it takes to completely heal from my first attack?

• Posted

It will prob depend on how bad your attack was and the amount of damage,just be patient,i know it is hard but you will get their,keep positive.I take slippery elm tablets which are supposed to help with lining your gut with mucosa,try them as they cant do any harm.
  • Posted

Hmmm never had shoulder pain but could very well be referred pain. The cramping can last a while after a flare up but if you start getting the stabbing pain back go straight back to docs x
  • Posted

hi Stacy, my first attack felt like it was in my pelvic region, it felt like there was a heavy chain sitting in my lower abdomen from ovary to ovary, I went to my Gyn, he sent me for a cat scan and to a GI doc, I have had many since , but dont remember any pinches or cramping in my sholders of neck, but who know I am old at least a few things hurt me on any given day.

I was just wondering Has any one else be prescribed Hyoscyamine0.125 mg for the crampin???? I have been taking it for years & it really help the pain when I get the Fare ups or an infectionn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.