AFTER ESA ASSESSMENT ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how long they have waited after ESA assessment to get their descion back and if it was beyond the 13 wk phase if awarded was it back datted to wk 14,,, can any one advise please,,, thankyou :-)

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I waited 3 weeks after my ESA assessment for their decision.  I had been on contribution basesd ESA for about 11 months now on support and my money was backdated. 
    • Posted

many thanks for your reply ive been on contibution based ESA for 8 mths,, just wanted to find out how long people have to wait. thanku :-)
    • Posted

I have been waiting 18mths for my assesment got it 3rd december, i am wondering if i am placed in the wag group will i still have to send in sick notes i know you dont if in support group
    • Posted

Thats a long time,, but look at it this way any money they owe you will be backdated to the 14th week of your claim,,, when i had the assessment the lady told my husband that i would need to get sick notes until i heard back from DWP,, not worried about that as sick notes are for 2mths at a time she said once i heard back from them i dont need any more sick notes and would be contacted within 18mths/2years regarding another assessment but i dont know till i get letter what group,, wrag or support. Thanku for your reply i hope it all goes well for you on the 3rd,,, gentle hug,,, jayne xx
  • Posted

hi jane i been waititng to be assesd with esa now for 2years and still waitng,i just been awarded pip to,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.