After seeing my consultant

Posted , 2 users are following.

After seeing my consultant have been prescribed hydroxychloroquine....hopefully this will help with my joint pain and swelling in my hands... Not starting them till after my cruise... Due to the side effects... Due to see the nurse in 6 weeks.. And consultant in 3 months... Has anyone taken this drug

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I took it for about 3 months and also took it while on a cruise ..had no side effects for me at least. The joint pain and swelling subsided
    • Posted

Thanks for replying...hopefully I won't have any side effects.. And helps with the joint pain and swelling of my hands... X

• Posted

Yes I did, I was perscibed 400mg daily, but I noticed it affected my vision within an hour. So I split the dosage into 1 tablet in the morning then one early evening this was much better. Worked ok for about 6 months but it then started to cause major muscle cramps in my legs. This is one of the side affects. Hope it works for you.

Mandy

• Posted

thanks for replying Mandy..I just got to take 200 mg a day... Was thinking taking them with my breakfast..... Will watch out for the side effects... X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.