After TKR clothes feel weird touching my knee😬

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had TKR In March, along with two manipulations. It's been a hard, painful journey, but I'm going to be going back to work in a few weeks. It really bothers me to have clothes touching my knee. I had read that some people put something over their knee? A sleeve ?? Anyone else have this issue???

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi joy, I also have this problem but if I wear jeans that are a little snug fitting it helps. It sounds strange but it makes me feel my knee is protected. I struggle with loose fitting clothing as like you they irritate my knee. Good luck x
    • Posted

Joy, I had one pair of skinny white jeans that irritated me. I've got other skinny jeans and linen pants that don't bother me at all. And my all time favorite are a brushed cotten capri pant - from the athletic department. I think it was Chico who recommended wrapping an ace bandage or silk scarf. And someone else said they used food grade plastic wrap (in the USA we usually call it Saran Wrap). Hopefully this will catch someone's eye who did something about it. I just didn't wear the clothes that bothered me.

• Posted

Hi joy, what I did was massage my knee every day with bio oil, as well as smoothing my scar it desensitised it too. Covering it up would only delay the sensitivity.I found the more I massaged it the better and it only took a few days, hope that helps you
    • Posted

Chris, good thinking. I too used the Bio Oil, though, I'm not sure it's all it's summed up to be. I think the most important part was the massaging something into it. That seems like it helped moisturize it and desensitize it.

• Posted

Hi, yes it most certainly helped, though as you say its the massaging that's important.I suppose any good quality oil or maybe vitamin E cream would do it too. I just wouldn't use a scented moisturiser early days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.