age 31 with two past surgeries due to dermoid cyst now they found another one!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I already lost an ovary due to my first cyst which was huge and caused torsion.. My second experience was after my third kid and thankfully they did a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure and didn't have to remove my only ovary along with it, both times they were dermoid cysts... Recently I did a m r enterography and they are now saying I have another dermoid cyst ... What do I do ?? Surgery again!? I refuse to get my ovary removed since it will put me into early menopause!! What are my options?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can they remove the dermoid and trim the ovary back. Everytime I had a dermoid removal that is what they have done for me.
    • Posted

Hi Amanda thanks for your feedback,I'm sure if I get it removed before it causes harm to my ovary I can save my ovary .my main concern is how many times can they operate on the same area ,without the scar tissue causing complications...and what's to say I don't get another dermoid cyst soon after... It's a strong possibility since I already had two procedures before age 30 so I have a history with these dermoid cyst reoccurring. How many times did u go through this procedure? What was your experience like?
    • Posted

I have had 3 ops for dermoid removals. All laparatomys.The largest being the size of a grapefruit. Each time they trimmed them back. However, if they leave the slightest bit there (just enough visible under a microscope) they will grow back.

I think I am now suffering from adhesions, but I have also had an ectopic and gall bladder and appendix removal

• Posted

Wow sounds like you've been through a lot ! I definitely feel a lot better knowing that I'm not the only one dealing with this, hope you feel better! Thanks for the support and information!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.