air bubble stuck in my throat

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, for a few weeks now iv had sort of a lump of air in my throat as if i really need to burp, it makes my mouth water like im about to be sick.

Not sure if its trapped wind because iv tried every single product for trapped wind and nothing has worked also i 'can' actually burp now and then but the feeling of the lump doesnt go away! the worst of it is if i try to lie down (especially on my back) it really really hurts in my chest and i have to sit up again.

Iv spent so many nights lately pacing up and down or trying to pat my own back (which isnt easy) just to try and get this thing out, i have to try and sleep wedged upright at the corner of my bed with loads of pillows. ITS DRIVING ME MAD!!!!

My doctors surgery isnt the best as they seem to try and put you off making an appointment they tell you to ring at 8.30am and then when you do its engaged for hours finally when you get through theres no appointments left!!! so if i can figure out what this is and cure it without having to go to the docs then that would be great so please please please some one tell me what the hecks going on with me.

thank you for your time

Lisa age 30

p.s... i read something similar which their reply was it might be anxiety, but i can tell you the only thing im anxious about is getting rid of this damn thing!!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi i also have a constant belch deep in my throat ,i know how you feel,as soon as i belch another one is there,i also have very bloated stomach and food takes so long to digest,the doctor put me on omeprazole and domperidone, i stopped them becouse they diddnt seem to help,this has been going on for a good few months,the doctor wants me to have tests but i have to wait becouse i had hysterecromy 6 weeks ago she said that i am to early post opp so i will have to put up with it im fine when i wake up in the morning, as soon as i have a cup of tea stomach swells and i have belch stuck in throat,i am staying away from dairy producs as i find if i dont use milk in my tea my throat dont seem to bad, ill try any thing ,try this see if it helps and keep pestering your doctor smile shirley
  • Posted

Hi lisamarie

My doctors has the same appointment process. I try and make sure I get to ring before everyone else . I have been lucky enough to get the first appointment of the day quite a few times. Keep trying.

I am recovering from reflux oesophagitus. Sleeping on a wedge pillow has really helped and I no longer wake in the night in pain. A red apple also settles my tummy. Whilst I had the inflammation in my oesophagus I felt like something was strangling me inside and I also felt something was wedged in my throat, my burps were pathetic despite always wanting to burp! It does go in time, I promise. But it has taken me months of medication and reflux friendly eating. Keep hanging in there!

p.s. I am not suffering with anxiety either, just a damaged pipe!

Regards

Suze

• Posted

Im 16 and when i have told someone theyve said trapped wind even my friends mum(whos a nurse). The way you described how it felt is the way it feels to me. Nobody has took me serious on this. Im having no pain. It has been there for a few week just on and off, but tonight. Its currently 2am in the morning and i cant sleep with it. Its really bad to the point my belly feels full and hurts with it. I also havent been eating proper ive just been feeling full, could this be why?

Also, what can i do? Should i try and get myself to a doctors or is there anything at home i can do. Thank you c

• Posted

This is how I'm feeling now although it's not constant it started the other day and now I'm laid in bed and can't sleep how can I sleep when I feel I have a massive bubble in my throat keep getting odd chest pain in right side funny enough same side the bubbles on iv burp ed it reliefe it for one second before it comes on full on to the point I feel my throats going to fully close did you find out what it was ? Xx
    • Posted

I'm having this problem now did u ever figure out what was going on or how to treat this?

• Posted

Not sure if this will help but catarrh can cause the symptoms your feeling in your throat. Try checking it out on NHS choices website and remember you don't need to have all the symptoms

• Posted

I am having the same problem now myself. This has occurred off and on over the last few days. Tends to go away at times after eating a big meal. I have had this problem along with trapped wind. Am also worried but realize that won't do me any good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.