Airline flying with TIA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 82 and have had 3 TIA (ministrokes - double vision) and am on appropriate medication after tests of heart and brain. Is airline travel okay?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denisaf, I was told not to fly for 6 months and have also heard that insurance is really high after a stroke but saying all that the best person to ask would be your doctor, hope it works out for you, let me know x
  • Posted

I am 51 and have suffered with strokes and TIAs since I was 29.  Up until 3 years ago I used to have a job which involved a lot of travel within europe and never had a problem with my health when flying or after flying...
    • Posted

Thats really good to hear Christine, as I have been worried about flying, so thank you x
  • Posted

Does anyone know what sort of premium the Insurance sharks put on when you've had a stroke/TIA's ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.