Akins and bunion op with complication of frature on osteotomy site

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anybody elses foot been more swollen in the heat. I am so depressed thought foot was feeling and now it's throbbing like hell in the boot walker I have spent practically the whole day with foot elevated and have been using ice treatments around my ankle. Help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi smab yes absolutely I have found swelling worse in this London summer! Particularly today when my foot seemed enormous! I think this weather just makes it worse. Best wishes John
    • Posted

Thanks John I live in St NeotsĀ  Cambs it has been 34 here today, not as hot as you ithink! Are your feet painful too?
    • Posted

Yes it is just the one with me but yes it has been so awful in this heat. It is bad enough with all the grief we are all going through with swelling etc, without this cruel heat. I wish it was winter honestly. It definitely increases the swelling and pain etc. does this heat. Don't despair Smab it is all a matter of time, Mind you I have to confess this foot nightmare has made me feel not far short of suicidal in the last few days. Getting through each day is an ordeal and an achievement I feel. Wish I could just fast forward all us sufferers to better times!
    • Posted

Thanks John I know what you mean, I thought I had done all the hard work in the spring only to get a fracture. So I can sympathise with your feeling down. This journey is soooooo trying, the only thing that keeps me going is that when everything is settled it couldn't possibly be worse than the pain I was suffering before the operation!
  • Posted

Try placeing the ice under the knee
    • Posted

Yedterday it was very , humid out only 80 degrees but my left foot was very swollen and i had a burning stinging pain in my big toe
    • Posted

How's your's today? Everything feels like it's so tight but it's not red
  • Posted

hi there, ohooo yes, tell me about it... the heat and the swelling as i am 6 weeks pos op has been terrible today, i have been so tearful with it all today, i even thought with the swelling something has gone wrong, but the weather has not helped us foot patients.... me too i have not known where to put my feet today, had them up, down, sideways even in a bowl of cool water... but still so sore and swollen, i do so understand how you feel, and lets hope we can have a better day tomorrow.... i am dreading this evening with the heat, its also made me feel abit sickly, ohooo roll on another month or two when hopefully the worse has gone, wish you well to x
    • Posted

You too Gilly. It sounds like you me and Smab are all in the same boat! Let us focus on better times ahead and hopefully just getting through this ordeal!
    • Posted

Thanks Gilly for your support, hoping the temperature drops soon, I don't wish to wish mu life away, but I am getting to the point where I am.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.