Alarming Skin Problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

During High School, my 10-12 grade years I was an excessive tea drinker. I drunk at least 2 cups per day everyday until I noticed many spots on my skin. Theses spots are light (I'm dark) and they are all over my chest, entire back, and a little of my buttocks.

I'm now a colleg freshman and I haven't drunk any hot tea since. Now I only drink water and sometimes soft drinks like Cola. I've noticed that the spots have not gone away, I was told by my mother and grandmother that it was liver splash and that if I drank water hey would go away.

Yet these spots have yet to go away and it's sort of scaring me. I've just started to put Triamcinolone Aceronide cream on as of today, would that help? Whatever it is?

Is it livers ash or is it more?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do they hurt or irritate you at all? You could always ask a pharmacist for advice they are usually very helpful.
    • Posted

They don't hurt or itch in any kind of way. Their not bumps or anything, just flat areas where it's lighter than my actual skin.
    • Posted

It does not sound life threatening, but as I said talk to a pharmacist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.