All can be resolved

Posted , 3 users are following.

spent two years with cts no sleep grumpy as hell.

Terrible pain at night, no pain during day thouh.

Decided to get sorted, had 12 weeks with nigt time splints

waste of time,had tests rt hand severe left medium.

Had op on rt hand 4 weeks ago, slept through night!

Stitches out 14 days later all healed well, had doctor

inject left hand shear bliss, can sleep without waking up in 

severe pain. went back to work 15 days after op on light duties, I`m

a manual worker, guess Ive been lucky. Wear splints at night

as was waking up with hand feeling numb, will use splints for another

few days, then try without. will have left hand done next christmas 

when work has slowed down again.Good luck with anyone having the op

the relieve is instant bar op pains.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I did not have the surgery and opt for only wrist splints . No lifting. Used leverage and PT . after a year it's finally better. 

• Posted

Please get your Thyroid hormone levels checked. I was diagnosed with low thyroid. Medication Levothyroxine has completely cured my carpal tunnel. I do have tingling at night and wear splints but nothing like before. I am so happy that I did not have that surgery. I think lots of women are having unnecessary surgery and may have low thyroid condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.