All done

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi hippies, I am fairly new to this site and had a t.h.r. today,everything went fine I had an epidural and was awake most of the time.Its funny hearing the surgeons banter I had 2 students observing and it was the first one they had seen

I went to theatre at 3 (starved all day) got back at 6 and had some toast. Still can't feel my legs it's a strange sensation .Glad I had the epidural as I am awake now.

5 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I cant immagine being awake but i suppose as my joint and socket are fused together they would probably have to saw through my bone and i wouldnt like to hear that haha.

Glad it went well for you and hope you have a quick recovery xx

• Posted

Excellent thats the worst part done with.  Onwards and upwards from here.  I am day 7 post op and improving every day.  I went for a wander round Ikea today and bought the "essential" tea lights.  Keep doing the physio religiously. xx
  • Posted

So pleased you had such a great experience. As Rocketman says: you have won.

You were MUCH braver than me as I was out cold. The recovery is just a matter of time and allowing your body to recover.

You should be very proud of yourself.

Michael x

• Posted

Well done Jill to be posting so soon! I had an epidural also, but was given headphones to drown out the drilling and banging! Hope you have a peaceful night or as much as you can do in between having your obs taken. Good luck for the next stage of your recovery, we're here if you need us. x
  • Posted

Three hours - wow, that was a long operation. 

So glad you enjoyed the odd sensations in the operating theatre, I found it fascinating, both times.  According to my blog, I was given anaesthetic just after 9am, operated on from 10am to 11am, and got feeling back in my legs at 3.30pm.  Then the itching started sad, but they gave me antihistamine for it.

My blogs are on my website, which is in my personal info at 

https://patient.info/forums/profiles/rocketman-sg6uk-907025Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Well done you! I can't believe you've posted on here same day! I'm definitely feeling more confident now. Good luck with your recovery x
  • Posted

Glad to hear it Jill. I had an epidural also....yes, isn't it strange not to have control of your movement??? I thought I was strange for thinking it's strange!!! I kept saying it cause it kind of freaked me out! 

Im 5 months post op and doing great....remember to keep that ice going. It REALLY helps!! Also of course the physical therapy.

• Posted

Well done Jill welcome to the bright side. I'm 10 days post 2nd hip replacement. 1st hip was done 25yh September. Every day makes such a difference in your recovery. Ice will be your best friend for a few weeks & don't allow yourself be in pain. Ask for pain relief if you have any break through pain. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Ps hearing the sound effects under spinal is a bit surreal. Like it's happening someone else.
  • Posted

Hi Jill, 

Congratulations !!!  How are you feeling today ?  I hope you had a reasonably good night -  it is going to be an exciting day today , right - Getting out of bed with the help of Physical Therapist , maybe a little walk and going tto the bathroom...

I cannot imagine hearing everything and feeling numb hours afterwards ...

good for you ...

be gentle with yourself - will you grandbabies come and visit ?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Well done and welcome to the forum! 

I hope the next week or so goes smoothly for you. Do post any questions on here and someone will here to help. I hope you feel just as well this morning. All the best

Rose 

• Posted

Just had my first walk felt a bit strange but could have been worse.Hoping each day will bring less pain.
    • Posted

Keep the faith. With each passing day you will have less discomfort and much greater range. In a short few weeks, you will be amazed!! 

On my first week, I allowed 45 minutes to walk to the doctors (normally takes 4 minutes). I am now down to under 10 minutes - only two weeks later. 

Michael x

• Posted

Congrats Jill!!

Glad to hear things went well!! I haven't gotten one yet...don't think I would want to be awake to hear everything....wasn't it scary?? To hear everything??

• Posted

Hi Snowgirl, I was awake throughout but had headphones and music on so didn't hear a thing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.