All the symptoms of UTI but no UTI?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, for about 1 year and a half I have suffered with something very similar to a UTI, but according to my nurse is not. 

Whenever I have sex with my S.O more than twice a day I get the symptoms of a UTI, which are: pains in my lower stomach, the worst burning sensation when I urinate and urinating often. 

It is especially bad if we do not use condoms. When I went to the nurse and told her she tested for UTI but it came back negative. 

What could it be? It is honestly the most uncomfortable feeling and i've had to leave work numerous times because of it. Has anyone had the same thing? Does it ever go away or can I only have  sex once a week? HELP!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, it could be a number of things, but it sounds to me that sex could be irritating the uretha (the bladder opening) it is a sensitive area, and if it gets irritated it can let off some terrible feelings.  You could also have a vaginal infection (yeast, or bacterial) as it too can make sex very uncomfortable and can effect the uretha.  Sometimes there could be bacteria in there as well, and sometimes will not get picked up on a dip test for urine, the urine needs to be cultured to make sure there is no bacteria.  I would perhaps take it easy in the sex area and let it heal, as it will only aggrivate matters worse.  
    • Posted

Thank you,

I have also had my fair share of yeast infections and that feeling isn't the same as this one.

How long do you think it will take to heal if it ever will ?

Many thanks

• Posted

To me it sounds like urethral syndrome,  or urethistis.  You can look them up on google.  If it is due to bacteria you may need some sort of antibiotic therapy.  The only way you will find out is if you get a urine culture done...not just the urinalysis (dip stick).  There are natural ways to help fight off the bad bacteria, and that is probiotics, drink cranberry juice, or take a cranberry capsule that will make it difficult for bacteria if there is any to stick to the bladder walls.  Your significant other might not like this, but you really should not have sex until it heals.   There is lots of information on this, it night not hurt to get a refferal to a gyno or urologist if the culture comes back clean.  Good Luck.
  • Posted

Pressure during sex affects your bladder through bruising. So the inflammayion ofthe bladder causes the hiccup otherwise have sex less often.

and stick to one sexual partner.

Againtake one anti bacterial after sex.it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.