Allergic contact dermatitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey y'all. So I recently had a really bad breakout due to, which I believe, is allergic contact dermatitis. I used to get really bad breakouts with two guys I dated and I recently went on a date with one of those guys and it flaired back up. I haven't had a bad breakout like that in a long time. He does have stubble, but I recently dated a guy with facial hair and didn't have one break out. I recently asked him if he uses any facial products and he said he doesn't use any. He said he uses soap to wash his face and I didn't think that could be the problem. He also uses Colgate toothpaste and I use Crest 3D, but I didn't use my toothpaste when I was at home seeing him. I was using Colgate toothpaste that my mother had. He also uses Old Spice deodorant and Calvin Klein deodorant. My face got really bad and I tried literally everything to clear it up. I decided to use BP 2% on each occurring pimple that has been extremely itchy. I also have been using a Bacitrin ointment from a previous surgery and that has helped tremendously. I just want to get to the bottom of this because it is embarrassing to have 20 itchy pimples on your face. They mostly appeared on the left side, under my nose and a little on the right side. A lot formed on my nose and a few under my mouth. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have a skin condition as well and I know I though that's what mine was to. I know my skin will flare up it i even brush it again the wall if I don't control it. My skin will also false up due to certain foods that I eat. Just some other options to think about. I hope you figure out what the problem is
    • Posted

It's so weird because it's only happened with two guys! I'm frustrating because there's no apparent reason and I don't want to go to the doctor for antibiotics with a chance it's going to flair up again
  • Posted

Don't touch the trigger. But if exposure happens, quickly wash with water and soap. If there is any blister, just apply cold moist compress. You can take oral antihistamine if needed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.