Allergic Reaction to Flavoured Sparkling Water?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have drank flavoured sparkling water on and off most of my life...it is one of those things I have fads on every so often. The last time I drank supermarket brand water (about 2 weeks ago) I had an insanely sore throat nothing like you get with a cold and had no other symptoms just the sore throat and struggling to swallow at all. This lasted about four times. I ran out of the water in question at some point during hose four days but can't remember when. Although the pain reduced dramatically it has not gone away compeletely since the first instance. I drank a glass again last night (again supermarket brand but a different supermarket) and had the same throat problem this morning. Have I suddenly become allergic to it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Lasted about four days*
  • Posted

Does it come in plastic bottles? You might be allergic to something in those, formaldehyde etc.

Avoid it darling, and keep an eye for any other reactions elsewhere.

God bless

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. Well it could be as I am allergic to cling film but that is literally the only type of plastic I am knowingly allergic to. Unless there is a common ingredient in both? But if it was an allergy to plastic bottles would it not be all plastic bottles or are there certain bottles I have to watch out for?

The pain was so horrendous it is not something I want to experience again so want to get to the bottom of it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.