Allergies and Blepharitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I seem to get the worst flareups when my nose is runny and I feel stuffed up. I am allergic to dust mites. Anyone else have this reaction?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes,in fact my eyes burn. As soon as i started sneezeing and get rid of allergens,my eyes stop burning.
  • Posted

Yes. When I clean I make sure that I take everything I was wearing and put it in the wash and then shower and wash my hair. I also change my pillow cash every other day.

Dust mites and allergens are real triggers for me. 

• Posted

As part of my course of treatment I also started taking a daily anti alergy tablet.  The combination of reasonably hot eye washes, hydrocortisone acetate eye cream and alergy table has given me great releif.  In fact yesterday was the first day in many weeks that my eyes were "normal again" and I din't even need to use hydrating drops through the day. 

• Posted

Can i ask brand of allergy pill i have no idea what to take. Can private message me if you want. Thank you. Xx
    • Posted

Band is Telfast. Each tablet contains 180mg fexofenadine hydrochloride. Band name doesn't really matter. Active ingredient is what counts so cheap genetic brand will do the non drowsy tablets

• Posted

Thank you Helen. I am going to try the Telfast. Or Allegra, which is the same I think. I was tryiing Flonase, which I thunk was helping when I would remember to use it.
  • Posted

Ive just ben crying,have a feeling tomorrow i wont be able to open them
    • Posted

Tha't not good news.  Get the warm water happening.  Hope your day improves. 

• Posted

I think my dog may have cancer he cant eat,throws up everything. Worse thing i can do for this is cry,but cant help it. Xx
    • Posted

Thankyou. Ive uad major crying boughts lately they have really irritated my eyes. Turns out my dog is in renal failure.
    • Posted

im so sorry to hear. i lost my dog last month, it is very very hard
  • Posted

Hi Flo , dust is the worst  followed by the pollen from oilseed rape , dries my eyes out within minutes .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.