Almost 2 wks post op. Had a mastoidectomy with Ossiculoplasty

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wednesday will be 2 weeks since my surgery. They made incision behind my left ear. I am still having a foul odor bloody drainage. Major pain on my incision , its very hard and hurts to the slightest touch. I was wondering if this was normal, because my Dr. doesn't seemed concerned at all.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to learn about your trouble post op. My son had his cholestiatoma removed in Glouscester  UK earlier this year and did not  have any of the prblems you mention. Although there was some blood which came throught the packing on the first day. Do you still have the packing in your ear?

I would speak  or email  your surgeon again. 

I wish you all the best  

• Posted

My packing or 2 pieces come out on its own within the first 3 days after my surgery, and another piece I didn't even know was in there come out this past Friday. Thank you!

• Posted

Hmm. The bloody drainage from my ear stopped within a week. We are all different, but I'd talk to your Dr. about that.

My incision was pretty sore too, and to this day 2 months after my surgery I still get weird sensations from it. Have you been putting neosporin on it? Or any antibacterial ointment? If the incision gets infected it would probably hurt more. It would also feel warmer to the touch, and would swell up too.

• Posted

Its been almost two wks and I'm still draining. I have facial paralysis that I only noticed during the weekend.I'm calling him this morning. But my thing is he never gave me a antibiotic to take by mouth. Only ear drops.

• Posted

Yeah, give your Dr a call.

I didn't get antibiotics to take by mouth. I only got the ear drops. But I put neosporin on my incision to make sure it didn't get infected.

No problem!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.