Almost 3 weeks post op sling and posterior repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

My recovery has been going really well with slight to moderate bulging if I'm walking about too long that seems to be less and less now however I'm getting more pain I feel it in my right hip/lower back. Confirmed uti this morning started antibiotic straight away. The sensation when passing urine is so strange and uncomfortable however I don't have burning or stinging. I had ++ protein ++ leucocites and large blood. I have never had a uti before.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have had 4 antibiotics since my surgery 4 months ago. Nothing shows up when my urine is tested yet the medication helpso but when I stop the infection comes back. I am so tired of it all. I feel ill most of the time. Love to get an answer
  • Posted

Hello Geraldine. You are very lucky to have not had a UTI before. It's good to read your recovery has been progressing well and of course as you know it is early days and you know rest is so important at this stage. Is the sensation you feel when you pass urine a bearing down feeling? 

• Posted

Oh yes I think your right with your description the only way I could describe it is like irritable as if I was catheterised and the urge to keep going even though I had voided.
    • Posted

A bearing down feeling is usually caused by the triangle shaped muscle at the entrance of the bladder being infected.
  • Posted

Really impressed this is your first ever uti.  I don't think burning and stinging is always present. Hopefully the abx will kick in soon!

• Posted

What are the symptoms of a uti?ive had an anterior repair and tvt 12 days ago, felt great first first 8 days, weeing amazing and normal for once then I've had sudden pain on the outside stitch,confirmed infection today but also noticed my wee has slowed right down again, trickling at the last bit and it was doing this after surgery. No pain when weeing just horrendous pain in bladder area and stitch outside so wondering could I have a uti also? What could the symptoms be?also I'm feeling more bulgy down there than I did after surgery. Could this be swelling from infection or have I got another prolapse

• Posted

Symptoms vary kelly and like Mossup has said you don't always get burning. Sometimes you get a bearing down feeling when you pee and that is a sign of infection in the muscle at the bottom of the bladder. Urine can be cloudy and smelly. If you have a UTI I'm sure the antibiotics you've been prescribed for an infection will help but I think you pain isn't related to a UTI and your GP probably would have pick up in it anyway.

• Posted

Thanks matron, yes I do have a bearing down felling actually and my Urine is slower than before. The tablets he gave me he said will treat everything so no matter where the infection is etc it will clear it. It's just a bit disheartening as I felt so great but I'm starting to realise the bumpy road recovery is free being on this very helpful forum . X

• Posted

You will get there Kelly. These operations are big and really take it out of you whether your young or old imo.  I think it is really hard to come to terms with how much of a recovery you have ahead of you to begin with.

I think we need to be patient and gentle with ourselves, we will get there! 

• Posted

You've had what is classed as major surgery so treat it as such. Listen to your body is something I often say so if you feel tired make sure you rest and don't push yourself, stop as soon as you feel tired x

• Posted

Kelly I also had a pain with the external stitches the last few days the area just seems tender I just assume most of it is normal as it's a big op. I had bruising in my labia after surgery. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you, yes I thought that too but the area was becoming so tender to touch even and slight weeping from one of the external stitches so I have antibiotics now to treat the infection. I feel swollen and bruised all over inside and out it's hard to tell if it's normal or part of the infection but hopefully all will go down after the anti biotics kick in and my healing can continue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.