Almost diagnosed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Developed some new symptoms recently (slurred speech) so asked to see the Neuro sooner than Feb (my next Appt). He rang me last Thursday and said i could go and see him after his ward round on Monday. I went along just expecting him to do another exam etc. Anyway he said hed compared my 2 scans (may and sept) on the weds and my 2nd scan showed new lesion in a new area so he is pretty certain its ms. Said the lumbar puncture that's planned isn't really needed as no matter what the results are the scan shows ms.

I now await another MRI, ms clinic referral and stroke clinic referral as he couldn't explain the slurred speech.

Don't really know how i feel to be honest. Partly glad to be getting answers but partly scared!!

Helen

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen, sorry to hear that you have an MS diagnosis, its a long road with many varied symptoms, one of the being slured speach!!!! Hope you get good advise and support.x
  • Posted

Hello Helen, sounds like you've got a good neuro. I get slurred speech when I get fatigue but I also get it when I accidentally gave aspartame sweetener. Ive asked for an MRI and my Dr said why, do you think there's something wrong with your brain" !!!! I saw a neuro a year ago and he couldn't fibd my notes, he said see you in sux months. They cancelled

• Posted

Oops, my appointment I niw se him in February. Good luck i wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.