Aloe Vera Gel

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone tried using an aloe vera gel for their olp that didn't irritate it? I would like to find a gel to apply to my gums and every gel I can find is just for topical use, so I don't want to put it in my mouth. The aloe juice and gel you buy for drinking is so thin, it really wouldn't be in contact for long. The ones I have bought for drinking usually have preservatives like citric acid you would think would be irritating.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kay i have olp for 36 years complete nightmare i now use steroid spray and suck anti fungal tablets ,working ,well,not too bad,good luck

chris

• Posted

Dear Christine, I am curious, do you feel the anti-fungal tablets help? Does your tongue swell? Thanks for your answer.
  • Posted

My consultant recommended I use Gengigel. You can get it as a mouthrinse and also a gel in a tube. I am in UK and can find it readily available online. Hope it works for you.
    • Posted

I tried that and it stung terribly 😤😱

• Posted

Hi, I am curious, do you know the active ingredients in Genigel?

Thank you for your answer?

• Posted

The ingredients are listed as follows:

100g contains 200mg Hyaluronan, xylitol,excipients. According to the leaflet Hyaluronan is a substance found naturally in your soft tissue but in esp high concentrations in your gums. As you get older or are unwell your body is unable to maintain the levels required. 

Gordeen is correct. Sometimes if your gums are esp sore, Gengiegl can sting but if you persever it does bring relief. I find it very useful when used along with betamethasone mouthrinse tablets. It seems to be trial and error as different things work for different people! 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I find this info really helpful,

I will look for Gengigel, and the mouth rinse tablets.

Best regards,

• Posted

You're welcome! Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.