ALS fear

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, I have recently been told I have a large adrenal or peritoneal cyst.  Thought I was dealing with that OK and now a whole host of other symptoms.  My doc thinks it's all anxiety and so did I until today.

I have pins and needles/numb feeling in hands, arms, legs and feet.  Worst at the moment in my right foot.  Burning/tingling feelings that happen mostly on my legs (lower) and arms.  Now and again I get what is like a shiver on my right thigh only. 

Don't know what made me check my toung today but I did and it's swollen and scalloped and pale.

I also feel like my limbs are shaky and weak.  I can pick up a 5L tub of paint and do the usual running up the stairs etc, use a can opener and unlock my front door.  Went for a 4 mile walk the other night.  I'm also typing this at around 45wpm.

BUT, I googled and up popped ALS.  So now I am worried about this.  I had though of MS before but ALS is a whole new worry as there is no cure and you're pretty much dead in a couple of years.

Does this sound like it?  

PS.  GP tested my strength on foot by asking me to resist her etc and said it was normal and I could feel the cotton wool she tickled foot with.

Why would my tounge look like this?

I've asked my endocrinolgist to call me back asap.

Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That should be tongue not toung!
  • Posted

It does not sound like you have ALS but I am not a medical expert so could be totally wrong of course.

Did you have ultrasound to diagnose a cyst? It just seems strange that your doctor is saying it could be an adrenal cyst or a peritoneal cyst as they are in different places. 

Your tongue could be a deficiency in nutrients, how good is your diet? Is it well balanced? Do you eat a lot of sugar? What does your doctor say? 

• Posted

Hi. They can't tell where cyst originayed. My endo says it's hard as they're similar areas. I've had ultrasound ct and mri which have been looked at by gastro, endo and radiologist and none can conclude if it's adrenal or peritoneal.

My diet is ok. Eat fair bit of veg, not much fruit. Not a lot of red meat. Sugar in my tea x 2 cubes of brown. Eat Bran flakes for cereal. Don't eat huge amounts day to day. Tend to pick little and often.

Only noticed tongue today so not been to see doc yet. I'm under an endo so have called him, awaiting call as I've read about thyroid causing tongue issue.

I was having random twitches in various places. Can't believe I forgot that symptom. Don't recall any twitches today though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.