ALT and AST elevated but still in normal range

Posted , 2 users are following.

My recent blood work shows an increase in my ALT, AST adn total bilirubin. They are still in the normal range. My doctor does not seem concerned, but in 9 months the numbers have increased quite a bit.

ALT was 14, now 30.

AST was 19 now 25.

total bilirubin was 0.4 now 0.8.

Does anyone know why this would be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just checked and your results are well within normal ranges so why did your Dr seem concerned?
    • Posted

Doctor does not seem concerned... I was the one worried because the numbers have increased quite a bit in 9 months. I would expect little to no change from year to year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.