Am I in any danger?

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few days ago my boyfriend broke up with me very abruptly. Since then, as is to be expected, my anxiety has gotten significantly worse. I have had occasional chest pain and palpatations before but now it's almost constant and much more intense. I'll also have random episodes where I start shaking uncontrollably. Like a shiver but I'm not cold. I know these are things I should get checked out and I am planning on doing so, I was just wondering if palpitations and such can put me in any sort of danger.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe. Palpitations are normal when having anxiety as well as shaking. Happened to me many times. But pls call 911 when you are experiencing any symptoms. They will not charge u whatsoever to get checked by emt's. Sorry about break up. Cheer up. Itll get better
  • Posted

I'd say the only danger your in is letting your anxiety get out of control!! Try and control it or see your doctor to get some tips there's lots of self help online. It's normal to have these feelings with anxiety I've had them since July (not half as bad now) you will learn their a symptom of anxiety and will start to control these feelings. I don't think you need to ring the emergency services but if it helps put your mind at ease why not, I did and it calmed me down good luck! X
  • Posted

All normal anxiety symtoms I uncontrollably shake violently shake sometimes where I jist feel I'm having a fit breakups are very distressing so your anxiety is going to be higher try to do something each time while I'm shaking it sounds crazy but I tie my hair up and down constantly until the shaking goes away as I'm taking my mind off it because it's hard to tie up hair while shaking ...

Also make sure you're doctor knows so you can get support xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.