Am I pre menopause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 47 and not sure what's going on , my periods started to get a tiny bit irregular about a year ago ,maybe bit more, had period July,August I missed,September I had 10 days of brown spotting and 5 days period straight after,never had this before ,now I'm 3 weeks late and so far nothing , I have no menopausal symptons other than what I stated above ,any help would be good

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I would say your menopause has started now this is a typical at

your age. You may not even get any other symptoms, hopefully you won't.

I started like this but was a bit older than you and my period stopped a

couple of years later.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply ,was just baffled as been googling it and there was always many other symptons to go with it so wasn't 100 per cent sure : )

• Posted

Hi Ruth, that sounds like a wonderful peri menopause. Hope you stay symptom free.

My periods started changing, were very irregular, more frequent and very painful as though being back to a teenager again also pre menopausal.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply ,mine haven't been more frequent ,I spose a lil bit less as have missed a month about 3 times over last year and a half ,so far that is it apart from the spotting last month ,have never suffered with painful periods and so far that's not changed thank God,wasn't sure what was going on cos no other symptons at all and when I Google it people are having a rough time about it so wasn't sure if it was that or not as I'm not a one for going to the doctors lol

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I think you should stop reading stuff on here now as you

are going to be imagining you have all sorts of symptoms. Come back

if you are unlucky enough to get any more. You may get nothing else

surprisingly there are ladies who don't, my mum for one!

She had trouble free periods and sailed through the menapause.

You may too. So go live your life😊😊

Hope it all goes well for you, all my best regards to you😚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.