Am i prediabetic?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Five days ago i checked my fasting blood sugar 12 hours after eating and it was 100 and i ate high carb meal at dinner. 3 days ago after eating low carb meal i checked my fasting blood sugar and it was 91 and this morning was 86. But also i checked my blood sugar 2 hours after eating high carb meal and it was 168. If i eat normal meal(i mean not so high in carbs) my 2 hours readings are alwasy 100. Should i worry that i have prediabetes?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Today i ate sweets and my blood sugar was 173 after two hours of eating? Is it too bad?
  • Posted

First, kevser92214, you should ignore the information offered by Jaf Real facts as it is 100% incorrect.

Your two hours post prandial (after eating) reading of 168 mg/dL is NOT "very normal and good".

I refer you to my earlier response when you asked about whether you should worry.

Two hours post prandial (after eating) a non-diabetic's blood glucose level would rarely exceed 140 mg/dL [7.8 mmol/l]. I say rarely as there are occasions when it could be higher, such as if the person being tested had one or more comorbid medical condition(s) that are known to cause raised blood glucose levels; if the person being tested was undergoing extreme stress at the time of being tested; or if the person being tested was taking certain types of medication which are known to cause a rise in blood glucose levels. (These medications include those that contain steroids, such as the types used in the treatment of asthma, or for the treatment of certain specific types of infection.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.