Am I pregnant or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So Im 9 days late for my period and up until today I've been doing tests, clear blue digital then first response ones and cheapie ones which were all negative so today at about 17:30 I did a boots own brand digital and that said PREGNANT, then half an hour later I did a second boots own brand digital which said NOT PREGNANT! I don't know which one to believe? I didn't drink anything in between tests either. Can anyone shed any light? I'm not trying to get pregnant and his will be a shock but I'll deal with it if I am.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha, my understanding is that as a rule (there are a few exceptions such as if you've been taking fertility drugs or are reaching menopause apparently) but normally, you can't get a positive result unless you are pregnant as it detefts the pregnancy hormone. However you can get a false negative.

when do you normally takd your tests? It is advised to test with your first urine of the morning as it's stronger.

I'd try doing a test first thing tomorrow morning & see what that shows. I hope you get the result that you want.

• Posted

Sorry detefts should read "detects".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.