Amatriptaline

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI everyone

The doctor change mydosage from 30mg to 50mg.

I have been taking 50mg for a week. Every day I have found I slowlstopped passing water until it was just a dribble.

Has ananyone had this problem?

I have had to reduce them even though the pain was better I am worried the tablets might course more problems.

Take care Mace

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Mace223 Im not able to take anything pain wise, as allergic to opoids. I would speak to your gp or see them asap it could be the tablets causing it or could be something else going on, its very important that you see them as soon as you are able too. or you could seek advice from an out of hours dr service your local hospital. it needs sorting out straight away.take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Don't think it's Amitriptylene Mace, but maybe it is different in men than women.  I take 100mg/night and no problems.  On the other hand all the drugs they hand out for Fibro prob have bad side-effects now AND later in life.
  • Posted

Morning Mace; yes, we do have to be careful with Amitriptylline , as it can affect our Renal Function......what I do "is Stagger my doseage"......say 10 during the day, and 25 at night....and take plenty of Water (not overload the kidneys, but enough to flush out"...also if you don't think you need to take the large amount Every day, then take a smaller dose on Alternate days, as we can, with other drugs, get accustomed to them, and then not get the Optimum benefit.when it is needed.......I think that the maximum doseage of Amitriptylline is 75mgs per day??this.......but if this is still the case, then if you take more than you need, then you maybe without suitable pain relief later...(and ensure that when you have your Regular Bloods done...6 monthly....have your Renal Function as well as Liver Function Tested).....that is another reason why I take my Gabapentin as well as Amitriptylline, to work together, and not rely on just one...........................good luck......Bron
    • Posted

PS....checked "drug info on Amitriptylline"....it states that 125 -150 is safe doseage...............so keep taking, and watch your urinary output.....and as "build up gradually"............do you take Gabapentin/Neurontin as well....these 2 meds Do work well for Fibro...............Bron
  • Posted

I've been on 25 mg@ 7pm every night now for nearly 17 years now...works really well for my pain and muscle spasms at night..gives me a great sleep too...haven't heard of your issues with it before..google the side effects..I would see my dr..I was originally put on 50mg..I just couldn't cope..was like a zombie all day..be blessed Mace, have a lovely day:-) xxx
  • Posted

These are some of the numerous side effects of Amithriptyline: that maybe relevant to you...I googled ...

decrease in frequency of urination

decrease in urine volume

decreased urine outpu

difficulty in passing urine (dribbling) 

• Posted

morning christine How are you today? hows your asthma? hope you slept well. Its raining in the uk its our bank holiday.Ive been a wake since 2 I did my fibro exercise of tossing turning all night?, tried to get up yesterday back not good legs are very painful, but never mind plod on onwards upwards hope you have a lovely day and week. take care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

Hit a jaz, happy holidays!!!! I slept pretty well last night thanks..still have the rotten asthma...albeit a little better I had a sauna this morning then shower-usually shower before bed, but need a shower after the sauna..,.,such an ordeal, but tired me out, so have had my normal Monday of doing nothing...I hoped your back was better by now must be awful..poor you..hope your having a lovely day..mine is almost over...not a bad day..had worse...gentle hugs KazKaz. Be blessed...:-) xxxx
    • Posted

What on earth is Hit a  jaz...mmm.  Hiya Kaz....
    • Posted

lol its easily done Im forever doing it. hope you sleep well hope your asthma soon eases I know what your going through with it. Ive been their. thinking of you huge hug coming to you xx 
  • Posted

Thank you to you all for help and support you have given me.

I think I Will speak to doctor tomorrow.

Good idea to alternate the dosage.

Have a lovely day.

Take care

Mace223

• Posted

Hi Mace223 I think your doing the right thing by speaking to your gp, its always best to get things checked out. Its always better to be safe than sorry. Take care gentle hug smile
    • Posted

Hi Mace; what did your GP say?   did you get the pain relief sorted out.....and I also wanted to add, that I also take Oxycontin 20 mgs slow release, twice a day, plus my Gabapentin and Amitriptyline......when we get to the stage of finding Nothing works....there are always something to help......these meds are best organized by a Rhuematologist, and followed through by your GP........................I do hope that you get this sorted, as it gets very hard, going through the Trialing Stages to find what works for you..................Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.