Amlodipine 10mg tablets make you drink a lot of water and urinate a lot

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my name is William and I'm 35 years old I'm a young African-American male suffers from hypertension I got hypertension when I was 27 years old I wasn't that big guy when I got it but I have a few questions I would like to ask people out here if they are experiencing the same thing I am experienceing a really young and it's rare to see young people my age with hypertension but I've been taking this medication called Amlodipine besylat 10mg like 6  months now this medication is causing me a lot of problemsthirsty very thirsty and dry mouth dry urinating a lot can't hardly get any sleep I go to the bathroom around 20 times a day and makes me sleepy throughout the day whenever I eat I feel groggy and it also messes with my vision now I'm starting to see blurry I can't see far but only up close my question is did anybody off out here experiencing the same problem please let me know cause I want to get in contact with my practitioner which is my doctor and have him remove me from this medication... Oh and another thing I wake up in the middle of the night with bad cramps in my legsand they hurt so bad I was never experience and none of these symptomsbe for I'm on two blood-pressure medications Amlodipine 10mg  and atenolol 50 mg reason for that is because I have a lot of papitation when I wake up in the morning my heart be racing and it won't stop until I take my second medication atenolol and the Amlodipine 10mg I will have to get my doctor  to change my medication  tomorrow because this is ridiculous and I'll awful taken of the medication for acid reflux disease hi cholesterol medication this is all of the medication that I'm taking Atorvastatin cal 20 mg 

Montelukast sodium 10mg

Atenolol 50 mg

A mlodipine besylat 10 mg

Nexium 40 mg

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can certainly attest to the high heart rate upon waking in the morning, that is the one symptom that I started getting that was freaking me out, I had others but that was the one that prompted me to look and see what the causes may be..I stopped taking it and it stopped happening..it was very frightening, and to beat all, it didn't really even touch my blood pressure, my numbers never changed, with it or labetalol either. I was eventually put on lisinopril, just a small dose, and thankfully it has put me right where I need to be (and i was quite high, upwards of 200/120 at times, but my anxiety helped push it up!) in fact I'm a little on the lower side at times..all with 5 mgs of lisinopril..I will NEVER take amlodipine again!!

• Posted

Hi William,

I'm glad to hear you're going to ask your doctor about this. It doesn't sound normal at all. I'm wondering whether you get regular blood tests, as the constant thirst and urination plus blurred vision are making me think diabetes. Type 2 diabetes normally starts later in life, but can happen in people your age or younger who are obese or eat a high-carb diet.

Please don't let this go on any longer, or you risk damaging your health. Go and see your doctor as soon as you can.

• Posted

Hi William - some people react badly to Amlodipine while others like myself nothing - even after nearly 16 years have nil side effect and work well to reduce BP! 

The symptoms look more diabetic and I would strongly suggest you see your MD/GP asap and get your bloods checked.

If your doctor is not sure of interaction between meds there is a web site drugs.com

Best of luck

• Posted

Hi William,  Atenalol i  is a beta blocker so please do not stop taking it without consulting your doctor, it also slows down the heart from beating too fast.. Amlopipine in a channel calcium blocker and there are better drugs out there so yes, please talk to your physician about this drug... many people have trouble with this drug... Just a thought since you mentioned it.. sometimes arythmeas and abnormal heartbeast is actually an upper digestive problem where the vegas nerve pushes up on the diaphram .. all of these body organs are close to one another and interact.... don't give up but if your physician tries to tell you it's all in your head, find another one... they try to BS us when they can't figure out what's going on...   Best of everything to you..

• Posted

i was on atenolol and then he added amlodipine.  I felt the amlodipine was giving me weird dreams so I asked to be put on something else instead.  I now take 60 mg of nifedical instead (and still take the atenolol.)   this seems to be working well.
  • Posted

Hey man, I'm 35 year old white guy 6 ft 5 and 300 lbs. I have had high BP since mid 20s. It used to be 145 over 80 but in the last few years has creeper up to 160 over 100. About 1.5 years ago I was prescribed 5 MG of am lodi pine which did very little (155 over 95) and now have been on 10 MG amlodipine for about 3 or 4 months which has helped (135 over 87) . I wake up to pee at least 3 times per night and have dry dry mouth. A little pgysical activity is draining and i sweat like never before. Have had a few minor dizzy spells in the past but today was quite bad and I was nervous I was going down. Lol. I just had blood work done 2 months ago and there was nothing said about diabetes or kidney issues so I think what you're experiencing is from the amlodipine. Also I should say that I am on 20 MG of olmatec however this does nothing from what I can tell so I will be terminating the olmatec and amlodipine and trying a different drug. It may take a while till the right combo is found but that's the way she goes. Good luck! Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.