Amlodopine side effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

well said! my life was changed by this drug and I am now trying to reclaim it. Improving slowly after being off Amlodopine for almost six weeks. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I was on Amloopine for about three years = along with three other drugs. As soon as I started it I began to get missing and irregular heart beats. I managed to change from Amiloride but was still taking Verapamil nd still experiencing missing and irregular heart beats but also dizzy spells that became so bad I was unable to drive any distance. Happily, I have now stopped Verapamil as well and am feeling much better. Still taking Ramapril but now only Felodopine and Furosemide. Like you, I am thankfully reclaiming my life again. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Colin, glad to hear you have stopped Amlodopine and are doing much better. It takes so long to find a cause fo symptoms caused by medication. I also had vertigo  which at times was sever while on this med. good health to you
  • Posted

Another side  effect of Amlodapine, been on low dose 2 mg Warfarin for two years and good levels of 2/3  INR, been to the clinic and my INR is 5.3. Have to watch for nosebleeds. What a nightmare.
    • Posted

Hi Kathleen, so sorry you are having problems. Amlpdopine can have an anticoagulant effect for some people. Ask your doctor to change you to another BP med before you have more problems. Good health yo you
    • Posted

Hi Carol, this med is for AF prior going for Cardioversion, my BP is ok, so hoping Amlodapine will be for a short time, my PAF is very unstable, one minute racing to 140 then down to 60, this leaves me exhausted . Procedure next month, so here's hoping, but I think it will be a long shot.......
    • Posted

hi Kathleen, you should be on this medication for only a short time before and after the procedure. Hopefully the side effects will not be too bad. I was on it for over four years, but even after that time upon getting off it most of the adverse symptoms have disappeared. I am an RN and have assisted in many cardioversions. Hope your does the trick. Good health to you
  • Posted

I was on Amlopine for about 3 months...the doc recommended

5mg/day. I took 2.5/day but monitored closely. I felt that this

tonic was hindering my bph. So I decided on 250-400 magnesium/day

and 100 mg/day of Coenzyme Q-10 along with potasium plus low salt diet. I have to watch as I proceed with this process and monitor. My pressure is down 7 percent I always have a small amount of norvasc in my pocket if necessary. A lot of good double blind studies out their on the above three supplements. My plan is to get totally off this  bp med in 12 weeks. Again your conditions might be not be the same as mine. I take 2.5 once every 3 days now and will try to extend as things progress. Last BP 138/82 P-61 w/calibrated home monitor (very necessary) Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Bayliner, you seem to have a good program for lowering your blood pressure. I am also taking Q10 every day and beet extract 2  3xa day. I am going to ask my dr. For another blood pressure med that is fast acting and can be taken PRN to keep on hand for emergency elevations. A low salt diet, exercise and wt loss are also in my plan to stay off of medications. Good health to you.
  • Posted

Good luck carol, I have been off this drug for about 6 weeks as well.  Side effects are going away, but I am still taking Irbesartan and have still got a lot of issues.  Not sure what to do, I really really hate taking any of these medications, always looking for alternatives.  I might try the Coenzyme Q10, I am already taking magnesium and potassium. 

All the best to you

Sue B 

• Posted

Thanks Suezan 36, let us know how you are doing with your journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.