Amlopidine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Amlopidine for two years..Up until last month very little side effects..Use to take it at midnight..Switched to 8am..Had flu like symptoms for month..cough...blood feels strange..Extreme fatigue..I'm a gym rat..can hardly do anything in the gym..Going to see my GP on Monday..Was on lisinopril before...Have kidney problems..Anyone on a BP that has little side effects..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The cough you had was likely the lisinopril.  That is a very common side effect.  For the fatigue, get to your doctor now.  For me and others Amlodipine has caused Afib and that may be the cause of your fatigue.  This can be very serious.  My heart rate dropped into the 20s and I passed out.  I now have a pacemaker. There seems to be a resistance of doctors to accept that Amlodipine is the cause, but I would ask to be put on a different medicine.
  • Posted

On amlodipine have similar symptoms and kidney function of 59...was 49. I'm waiting for thyroid test results to come back Don't know if there are any meds with few side effects think it's finding what's best for you,
    • Posted

Iv had palpitations

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.