Anal Fissure??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have EXTREMELY painful cuts around my anus. Some look like actual cuts but some are circles around the outside. I'm not sure if it's anal fissures or what. I've look at some pictures & I think it is. What could I do to make the pain stop? I've been putting peroxide & neosporin on it & that seems to help some. I've also been taking ibuprofen but that does little to none. It's been going on for about 3 days now & it's getting unbearable.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear! So sorry you're experiencing this! Time to go to the doctor to get it checked out. When you describe some of the marks as circles, it makes me wonder if it might be herpes sores (they're round & sometimes open up at the top like little craters). Usually they show up on the genitals but they can show up in other places, as well.
    • Posted

They're more like cuts. I've looked at symptoms of the herpes & nothing matches up. I plan to go to the dr soon. I put peroxide & neosporin on them this morning & they seem to not bother me as much. Thank you!!
    • Posted

maybe try this cream called calmoseptine.

also try cocnut oil, but id first try the cream above...

on a level from 1-10, how bad is the pain?

• Posted

It's gotten a ton better since I posted. It's probably a 5 at the worst now. When it first happened, it was probably an 8 or 9

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.