Anal Fissure

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering Anal fissure for 40 days I went to Hospital the doctor prescribed me Milak of magnesia liquid omeprazol 40 mg Iberuffen 800 mg and Dibucaine ointment but all of those didn't help I have been using some other ointment as well Preparation H ointment and Cortinil ointment none of the above helped me. My doctor recommended me for colonoscopy I don't know what should I do if you have any recommendations I appreciate that.

Note: I'm living in the area that I don't have access to some meds. But I will try my best to order Online the meds please help me I really have worest situitation

Thanks AFG

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I had a fissure since August 2016. I tried diet change, sitz baths 3 to 4 times per day, nifedipine paste, Linzess.Nothing helped. I used Tucks and Preparation H for my severe hemrrhoids. I was at my end and in excruciating pain with no quality of life. I decided to have a LIS done on Dec. 30th and I am on the road to recovery. My fissure pain is gone. I am on Percocet for pain, Mirilax to keep stools soft, sitz baths 3 to 4 times per day and using a heating pad. I do have horrible pains after BM's but they say that will get easier. I highly recommend getting the surgery and healing that fissure once and for all then work on the problem that caused it in the first place. My cause was Chronic Constipation. Best of luck to you I know what a horrible experience this is.

• Posted

I first had a fissure in 2012 gave me all treatments possible nothing worked had botox in 2013 the surgery worked felt like a new person unfortunately it has come back with avengence so much worse than last time now on on strong pain killers strong pain meds are not advisable but i couldnt live my daily life with pain and diazepam for the terrible spasms and lots of laxatives now awaiting botox treatment again i highly recommend botox treatment i would not wish this on my worst enemy best of luck
    • Posted

Having a fissure is the worse pain ever. I am terrified of getting another one. I am making major lifestyle changes in diet and exercise after this ordeal. Ughhhhhh. I sure hope the Botox helps you.
  • Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.