Anal fissure - advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was told by the Dr I have an anal fissure last week. I have been applying the analgesic cream as advised. On applying this, I noticed some small hard lumps further inside the anus, maybe a few cm up. Is this normal? Now I am really worried if there is something else there, and not sure if I need to revisit the doctor. I have no idea what it could be or what it should feel like in there. Please advise. Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Hope your feeling better as i and you know  the awful agony that we all go through when we have a bad attack .

Have you read my feedbacks to people that have contacted me,i was pain free for quite a while but suddenly it has returned and i dont know why i now to accept that this is a weakness and can return at any time.

I have totally changed my eating habits and walk a lot more so im doing all that i can like yourself and many others.

​When the pain returns i use RECTOGESIC i cant insert this inside me as it is to painful, so i use this on the outside it does ease the pain.Also i take hot bubble baths

​When i went to my Doctor at the beggining of my problen he looked and told me what my problem was as he could  see it.

​But please Jane go and see your Doctor for piece  of mind as im sure it will be an Anal Fissure.

Hope this will be of some help

​Clive  ( BIRMINGHAM ) UK

• Posted

Hi Jane,

If you have not read my feedback i have had an operation and was told that it lasts for 3 months, it worked for me and i was pain free for that time and longer.But i still do get the ocassional setback.

​My Consultant did say to me that if the pain retuns carry on using the ointment, so my impression was that he certainly has done his best to help me and could not help anymore.

​He was very understanding and listened to everything that i said to him,

If you want to Jane please reply back to me with what your Doctor advised you on what to do.

​Clive ( Birmingham ) UK

• Posted

Hey Jane

I'm sorry to hear about your anal fissure!! It's the worst pain and feeling ever I just got over mine a month ago and here's what I did I purchase a stool medicine it help break down everything and it's easier to go and also purchase some Vaseline or cocoa butter to apply to the anus and do not be alarmed with the swelling it's normal and one last thing change your diet, you've got to consume more fruits and vegetables it helps and it's necessary. this is what I did and in three days the pain and swelling went away and things went back to normal and I've kept up with my diet to insure it doesn't come back.

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. 

I may may wait for the 2 weeks that doctor advised, then ask about the hard lumps to check.

• Posted

Maybe the Hard lumps are internal hemmroids but I would still go to the doctor to check them out. So sorry to hear about your dillema. Hope you feel better soon. 

Also, Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.