Anal Itch Solved

Posted , 5 users are following.

I struggled with this problem for over 12 years and am happy to share what I did to rid myself of this terrible problem. 

First off, if you are like me you probably have some issue such as a fissure or hemorrhoid that is severely irritated. 

The three things I would suggest 

to get yourself back to normal are: 

Shave the hair around your anus completely. The more hair you have around your anus the harder it will be to keep clean. Removing the hair will also allow you to stay clean and more importantly dry allowing your anus to heal. 

Is it hard to shave this area? 

Surprisingly not, and if you have the itch the way I did you will try anything. 

Simply take a good razor and in the shower or bath start shaving the hair inside the buttox area and gradually move closer to the anus. When really close to the anus use your finger to cover and protect the anus during the shaving. This will allow you to get a all of the hair out and allow for a really clean shave. 

Secondly, switch to wiping softly with a cotton ball instead of toilet paper. 

I was convinced that keeping my ass in super clean shape would stop the itching that I was most likely wiping hard than I should and further irritating myself. 

Thirdly, after you shower make sure to dry your anus. I have found that this is amazingly important.  I use a hair dryer to make sure there is no moisture. I just pop the hair dryer under my towel for about a minute making sure to dry, but not burn the area. Depending on your dryer you may want to use the lower hear setting. You can also gently dry yourself with a towel and throw some baby powder in your underwear to make sure that you are fully dry and stay so through the day. Whatever you do just make sure that the area is consistently dry. II stopped using ointments, witch hazel, or any other topical cream and just made sure the area was dry. 

The other thing that I have found that may also be helpful is eating a healthy diet with lots of leafy greens so that your feces are soft and pass through your anus easily without much irritation.

As silly as this may sound getting rid of this itch has been a life changing event for me. After reading all of these boards for years I hope that someone out there suffering from this same issue will be cured by reading this post. If you are please write a comment so that I know that this post has had a positive impact. 

Best Regards, 

James

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello James, im really glad to have come across your thread because for the last year i have been suffering from a terrible itchy bum and im started to get really frustrated at how persistent it is. Last month after doing some research i figured i either had worms or i had candida or both, so i went to doctors and got medication. He gave me pills for the worms and some anti-fungal cream for the candida. I know now i definately had worms because afterwards i saw some dead ones in my stool though after two treatments im not sure if i killed them all so i will probably take some more pills. The cream had little effect so now i dont think its candida, plus i dont have any of the other symptoms, i have extremely health diet. 

The situation for me had become so unbearable that i have tried colonic irrigation, as i though giving my guts a good clean would solve it. Anyway since killing most the worms the situation at night is better but i still get itching throughout the whole day. 

Im going to follow your protocol and shave my ass first thing tomorrow and only wipe it with cotton wool, keeping it dry. I will stop wiping my bottom with wet flannels, as now i think this is no good. Alright glad i found someone i can relate to, i think i have exactly what you had and i will report back soon, cheers

• Posted

James, ive done much of this for a long time too. Most important IS, or has been for me, the shaving...

While it may SEEM funny to a GUY, much like we ourselves surely felt the first time doing it, this whole shaving thing really makes absolute sense... think about it for a moment....

When and if you're hairy around the anus area, especially in times during which you've got diarrhea (which is only compounded 10 fold by gas accompanying said diarrhea, because when you have watery stool, hand in hand with thunderous gas, the stool doesnt just fall as is intended, but, to the contrary, it ends up ALL OVER one's inner buttocks and anus, possibly even bad enough to cover part or all of one's derf/taint/choad and even the underside of one's scrotum (especially if its temperature is hot/warm, causing it to hang low, creating a perfect target for one suffering from thunderclap-diarrhea leaving it succeptable to the aftermath of a gas powered diarrhea ridden bowel system)

At any rate... fecal matter is most difficult to EVER be completly cleaned from within tangles of butt-fuzz. (And NO ONE with diarrhea, whether intensely assisted/worsened by powerful gas or not, Is convincing ME that they are showering everytime a bowel movent has been finished).. and what remains will not only hold a smell (which only need be helped by one or two more easily aquired condition(s) to become a NOTICEABLE smell, not only to one's self, but possibly others too... i.e. if one happens to be wearing shorts, or even a skirt or the like, in the case of a furry-buttocked female), but, will also, very VERY quickly begin to ravage your anus n inner buttocks like a chair with a belt sander that cant be turned off for a cushion...

So, YES, shave your bumm for hygene sake!

Your buttocks, (and maybe even the person riding next to u in the car!) Will thank you!!

• Posted

Thank you James !

I have been suffering for 20 years before i realized what was causing it

I use hair removing cream which says for sensitive skin marked on the label.

It works fine and i get immediate relief from the

Intense pain caused by one's own anal hair growth?? !!!

If i tend to ignore the hair growth the pain tends to get worse... with time.. so worse that i need to use cortisteroid creams !!

I did try the razors but the puckered skin of the anal hole always were left with few hair strands unshaved causing discomfort ...

Thank you for the discussion and raising this health issue, i have seen many people tending to scratch up inside in public, I hope they would realize this solution and try it for their own good.

Surprisingly, the doctors never give such solutions upright to their patients and i have been through that once !!!

Rgds

Vinod

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.