Anal Papillae Experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone dealt with a hyperatrophied anal papillae? Its apparently apart of the fissure triad..Ive had my devil fissure for 19 miserable months.. There is now something protruding from my anus that the Dr said was a papillae. Last week dr told me to eat fiber one bars to help with my ibs diarrhea.. Start with one for a few days then increase to two. When i started on the 2 a day i didnt have a Bm for 2 days and when i did i blrd alot and started having a terriblestinging higher up my anal canal vs outside with the fissure. Ive touched around down there and realized the pain was worst when i moved the papillae around.. Fissure pain for me lasts 4-5hrs after Bm but this pain wont subside..Ang advice? Can these things tear at the base from the rectal wall? It feels like its an open wound and burns terribly after bm but its too high inside for me touch or see..Thanks alot

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as though you may have ripped your fissure again. Did you drink lots of water when you ate the fiber bars. Remember, fiber will constipate you if your water intake is low.

I believe fissure can tear at the base of the rectal wall.

Sorry you are is so much pain. My prayers are with you.

• Posted

Thank you so much for you kind words.. I did drink alot of water and the Dr figured since i was having Bms 5-6x a day that the fiber bar would slow me down. Do you think it could of ripped that high inside? I still have my external fissure but this new pain is about an inch or so inside.. Definately been the most painful thing in my life..even moreso that csections!!
    • Posted

I don't know if you ripped higher. sorry! My pain manifested itself in a couple locations. I thought i had suffered a second fissure, but the doctor said there was only one deep fissure..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.