Anal Skin Tag

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm new on here and wanted to ask if anyone has got rid of their anal skin tag and how?

I've had a anal skin tag for 7 years now. I've tried many things to get rid but it seems it won't go. I've been taking Fenugreek seeds to see if it helps shrink it but I'm very impatient.

I did go to my gp and she basically told me she couldn't do anything which is depressing.

Tonight I have tied it with dental floss. I waited 10.hours and couldn't take the pain any longer so I tried to take it off but I tied it so tight it wouldn't. I started squeezing my skin tag that was very tender and swollen, which has made it burst. I'm not sure what will happen now with it as it looks like it's shrank.

I won't be trying to tie it off again, even if it doesn't go away as the pain was really bad.

I have tried using tea tree oil and that turned it white and the skin on my skin tag started to come off and was bright red, so I had to stop using it because my skin was raw.

I'm really hoping it goes now since I've burst it.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sasha,

You can see a colorectal surgeon & they can laser it off or simply snip it off in the office. Depends on size though to determine which procedure would be best. I'm having laser done tomorrow to remove a tag & scar tissue... other home treatments I tried did not work for me. Be careful. Good luck to you.

Melas

• Posted

Omg you poor thing. I had several haeemoroids skin tag things. They were very sore. Mostly inside.the anal suppositories helped to calm down down. When I went in for internal spincterectomy, repair of tears inside. They nipped the haremoroids off. So glad they did. I would go back and see another doctor, because they can do something about it and its minor surgery. Be persistant with them and tell the doctor they are making your life a misery x
  • Posted

Hi , I had a skin tag removed in January, I was under general anaesthetic as was having Botox injections for anal fissure but the colorectal surgeon explained afterwards he just snipped it off , it wasn't at all painful.

I would ask for a second opinion from a different Dr as this is a common procedure and there is a lot that they can do !

Good luck !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.