Anal warts, never had sex?!?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have anal warts. My doctor gave me Podophyllotoxin to burn them off but I'm confused. I've never had sex. I've never even been naked with another person. Sexual health websites tell me it can't be caught from toilet seats so what on earth could have caused them?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That does sound peculiar FeC but not impossible...As I understand it, the virus responsible can be picked up during petting or oral sex and will live happily in one's body for many years without any manifestation until popping up, often when the immune system is depleted. My warts appeared one day completely out of the blue and I'd been celibate for 20yrs!..
  • Posted

If you've never had sexual contact. I'd question your doctors diagnosis and I'd go see a dermatologist.
  • Posted

20 years? Well that's really disurbing. I'd ruled it out because it was so long ago but in 2008 I was in Russia and I had my drink spiked, I thought that they'd just stolen all my stuff.....
  • Posted

Now then!..That might be a thought...Perhaps be grateful it was only a wart you were left with...
  • Posted

It's no mystery. Sure, anal warts do have an association with sex but you have to remember that these warts are tumours. It is thought that they are caused by a virus. That means that you have to come into contact with the virus and then it depends just how infectious it is. You can guarantee  that there are other ways of contracting the virus and developing the condition. It's just that the research won't have been carried out. Why am I so sure? This happened before I was sexually active in any way. . I developed this condition many years ago and the warts were removed by cauterisation. I have never had the problem again. PS, are you a metallurgist? Your sign-on looks like a simple steel alloy and brass.. Am I missing the point? Don't worry yourself about the AW. If the medicine doesn't work ask about cauterisation.
  • Posted

Hi you dont have to have sex just close contact and once got  they never go even with treatment as they keep coming back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.